• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The team that ends up running the hiring will want to put their own stamp on things and i think it unlikely it would include somebody else's pool......

Apparently that was the USAIr line too. They got it done when pilots got involved enough that chief pilots got involved.

'somebody else's....' ??

Delta is a decent company- but the pilots are the biggest sellouts- I'd be very surprised if the poolies were fought too hard for either- some guy would probably just have to offer to pay the shuttle tip and anyone thinking of standing up would back off

Last edited:
Apparently that was the USAIr line too. They got it done when pilots got involved enough that chief pilots got involved.

'somebody else's....' ??

Delta is a decent company- but the pilots are the biggest sellouts- I'd be very surprised if the poolies were fought too hard for either- some guy would probably just have to offer to pay the shuttle tip and anyone thinking of standing up would back off

The arrogance here is unbelievable! The southwest guys have proven to be the biggest sellouts. They support pft, then go out of their way to support age 65!
I can't wait til the fall reductions begin at sw and the senior guys prove they won't take a paycut to keep some fng like you on the property!
Update that app waveflyer, I hear Delta is hiring! Good news here, you won't have to buy your job!;)

Nope just have to take the huge paycuts, and lose your retirement!! What a deal. RJFlyboy is still an idiot!

The only CP I knew at NW told me he had zero influence on pilot hiring. I'm not sure how things are now here at DAL but what i said earlier can't be far off. The new team hiring pilots will not want to take new hires from a pool that was created by an other hiring teams work. Its just how management people think.

The only CP I knew at NW told me he had zero influence on pilot hiring. I'm not sure how things are now here at DAL but what i said earlier can't be far off. The new team hiring pilots will not want to take new hires from a pool that was created by an other hiring teams work. Its just how management people think.
Heck, why even interview at all? DAL could simply fill its classes from CAL/UAL/EAL/AK, etc. furloughees.

Heck, why even interview at all? DAL could simply fill its classes from CAL/UAL/EAL/AK, etc. furloughees.

Don't laugh, when I was a 727 instructor back in the day we had many classes that were entirely from other airlines. I also did some side work for a cargo company a couple years ago and 27 of the 28 folks in the class came from ATA...

Nope just have to take the huge paycuts, and lose your retirement!! What a deal. RJFlyboy is still an idiot!

Moon dong.....How's it going? How'd that pay for your job work out for you at southwest? You break 100 hours for the month yet?
I bet all that $$ spent buying your job was well worth it! What's your seniority number???:laugh::laugh:

This was, for the most part, true.

In fact, for a long time, letters of recommendation at NWA were the "kiss of death".

Only at the very end of 2000, when things started to get a little bit tight in the hiring scene, did NWA start soliciting recommendations, and even then, they had some pecuiliar requirements.

Nu

Latest resources

Back