• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FBN, if you do not see through that legal hand waving, there is not much I can do for you. :D

Legal hand waving? Bottom line: While there are attempts to put a finger down on the exact staffing number, they admitted that the situation at Delta right now is very dynamic. After the MAY AE, required staffing levels should become more clear. I realize that on this board discussion involves speculation. From what I am hearing, Spring 2011 would be the earliest for hiring but more likely in 2012. If we hire earlier, that'd be great.

If that is the case there would be no reason to make a decision on it in three weeks as they stated publicly last week.

Even if they opt not to, that is fine. Short is good too, as long as pilots want to fly it. I personally like as much time at home as I can get, so more bodies is better.

Has there been any talk of getting rid of the "banned from the almighty Delta" policy if you don't make it through the second day of the interview? I liked Northwest's policy of being able to re-interview in two years if you were not successful in the interview. Unfortunately, $30/hr just wouldn't cut it for the first year.

I do think that the 100+ seat flying will be decided in the next two to three years. I also know for a fact that given the demographics of this group at Delta, there is no way that they will be able to buy it with even a 40% bump. We are still reeling from the 50-70 seat outsourcing. People are sick of stagnation and realize that the best pay raise is progression no matter what the rate is. If the company really wants to have DCI fly these jets then they are going to have to bring more than their wallets. (It is not going to happen)

When was the last time that Delta flew 50-70 seaters?

PBS, work rule changes, and elimantion of the 3 man cockpit is what elimated Delta jobs....Not 50 seaters to ABY, VLD, DHN, and MGM.

PBS, work rule changes, and elimantion of the 3 man cockpit is what elimated Delta jobs....Not 50 seaters to ABY, VLD, DHN, and MGM.

You're only half right Joe. Sure the 3 man crew played a role but RJs were used to increase frequency to many many cities that used to be all mainline. SDF, YYZ, SAT, MDW, IND come to mind. Leo's hard on for RJs and frequency were as big or a bigger part of the decline of mainline service.

Has there been any talk of getting rid of the "banned from the almighty Delta" policy if you don't make it through the second day of the interview? I liked Northwest's policy of being able to re-interview in two years if you were not successful in the interview. Unfortunately, $30/hr just wouldn't cut it for the first year.

I think your also banned if you bust on the " 3 on 1 " face to face part as well. Not sure.

I look at the situation and don't see that they will be hurting for applicants anytime soon so I don't really see why they would consider changing the policy.

Can't say I agree with that 100% since we all have the potential to grow as pilots and individuals as the years go by, but it's their show to run.

I think your also banned if you bust on the " 3 on 1 " face to face part as well. Not sure.

I know several guys that were in that boat. It is my understanding that if they don't pass the panel interview on day 1 than they are done. They can pass the panel and not the testing on day one and can re-interview in 6 months. Day two is a different story. I have a lot of friends that didn't get through the second day and all have different types of letters. Some say "please don't apply again" and others are just polite letters stating that they can't hire them "at this time." I can't really get a straight answer from anybody about reinterviewing after the you get one of these letters.

The Policy was changed the last time around. Prior to 2007 you could interview twice. Could it change? Maybe, who knows.

Cog, is a six month wait.

Psyche and Medical are separate. Medical after the 1996 HIPPA laws is a simple yes or no. They get no deets and you have the ability to fix it first.
Psyche is a MMPI that you can retake that day, and a chat. You get a yes or a no.
This day does to a panel third party non-interviewing pilots, management, HR, and doctors. They give a yes or a no. I have not heard of anyone ever getting to re-interview after a no from that group.

PBS, work rule changes, and elimination of the 3 man cockpit is what eliminated Delta jobs....Not 50 seaters to ABY, VLD, DHN, and MGM.

Of the cities you picked you are correct. But there are others that were mainline that are now all exclusively DCI. HSV, SDF, OKC, TUL, SHV, MLU, TYS, etc.

Three man crews and PBS accounted for probably about 2200 jobs in the combined group.

JAM-BRO,
<<Come this summer, I plan on getting lots of GSs.>>

GS and vacation sell-back with guys on the street? At some airlines this behavior is considered lower than whale-poop. If they're short of bodies, they can recall some.

Latest resources

Back