• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Suppose if we compare it with other powerful unions in the nation, it's quite the norm. There're more ways to blow our union dues than a "set" of apartments for our fearless leaders. Heck, you can blow the monthly mortgage with a few lap dances for the entire MEC members in 1 night!

I checked in to this earlier today. We actually have a set of apartments here. Not just one for Lee. We have been renting these for a long time, over many administrations.

If we NEED them, then we need to buy these places so we can make a return on investment. We are currently just paying rent from what I am told.

Ok, again I ask, why should Moak and other MEC folks get a paid for apartment when your average line pilot is responsible for his own accomodations if he/she commutes?

Ok, again I ask, why should Moak and other MEC folks get a paid for apartment when your average line pilot is responsible for his own accomodations if he/she commutes?

Union practicing 101................
On that same subject Michael. Were you aware that besides having trips dropped and paid for, that your local reps also get their expenses reimbursed, to include basic milege to and from the airport? Don't believe me, just ask a rep.

Union practicing 101................
On that same subject Michael. Were you aware that besides having trips dropped and paid for, that your local reps also get their expenses reimbursed, to include basic milege to and from the airport? Don't believe me, just ask a rep.

Are you fu*king kidding me? All paid for by our dues no doubt.

You bet! Gotta love union politics! And you wonder why these guys are holding on to thier title's as long as possible!
Really!! How many reps are rerunning for Council 44?
Hint.....less than 2.
While I disagree with the housing afforded to them I do know first hand how much time and effort goes into being part of the union. I feel it is fair to reimburse for expenses such as mileage and food for "union work" as it is a volunteer position that gets ZERO thanks from the average line pilot!
Cheers

I feel it is fair to reimburse for expenses such as mileage and food for "union work" as it is a volunteer position that gets ZERO thanks from the average line pilot!
Cheers

Volunteer? Anyone who has ever had a paid trip drop to do ALPA work is not a volunteer. If they did it on their days off while still flying a full schedule, then they would be a volunteer.

Yes, when you drive to the airport from your home, you get your travel paid for.

As for the APTS, I called and asked, I was told this was not new, and this was not from a union insider. I am not sure why that needs to be done. As far as I knew the status reps have to pay for their housing. Something we need to look in to for sure.

Volunteer? Anyone who has ever had a paid trip drop to do ALPA work is not a volunteer. If they did it on their days off while still flying a full schedule, then they would be a volunteer.

I agree. Fly a full schedule and do this work on your days off, you're a volunteer, do it and get paid trip drops while getting reimbursments for driving to the airport anyway, it's bull********************!

Latest resources

Back