• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

As for the new limitations, I do not think it will effect DAL staffing as much as some hope. We have good work rules etc, and I would not be surprised to see the law mirror our contract.[/QUOTE]

Good work (ie rest/duty) rules ? Are you on crack?
Oh yeah you don't fly the mad dog and are running for ALPA rep
nevermind.........

As for the new limitations, I do not think it will effect DAL staffing as much as some hope. We have good work rules etc, and I would not be surprised to see the law mirror our contract.

Good work (ie rest/duty) rules ? Are you on crack?
Oh yeah you don't fly the mad dog and are running for ALPA rep
nevermind.........[/QUOTE]

I said as a whole airline.

These new rules are going to be close to what we have. Maybe a 12 hr max duty day. DAl has fairly progressive rest rules to a point. Our company acknowledges the Circadian Rhythms with limits on our max duty days. This is more than many airlines have. I do not expect these new regulations to solve all of the woes of our rest and hours of service.

I agree that we need to get rid of the nine hour overnights, and limit the max day down further, but the fact is that DAL can do this if they are part of the new regulations quite easily.
What they will do is tinker with the trip construction parameters. You will see more 12 hr overnight and a lot less 16+ hr overnights. You will have more duty periods if needed to get to the ALV window, but the fact is that you will be flying just as much. It will just be less per day or with shorter long overnights, or the same per day with less sits and shorter longer overnights. I do not see an huge increase of staffing here at DAL because of this.

Think of how many sits you have in hotels that could be reduced so that both or all three AM report overnights get 12 hrs none get nine and the staffing requirement does not change. We may need a few bodies from this but not the amount that places like the regionals will need.

Do you remember the crud you worked under at ASA? This is light years a head of it. I am not saying that there does not need to be improvement, I am saying that what we have passes the sniff test for the Feds. The only two areas I see us getting dinged in are the nine hr( eight hr behind the door) overnights and needed augmentation on any flight that crosses more than four or five time zones. (IE the short flying to Western Europe that is currently two man crews)

Some of the ASA work rules regarding reduced rest/ rescheduling etc are BETTER than DL has now. But the wide-body flying club ( member?)
does not and has not pushed for any real improvements.
Sad.....but out of sight, out of mind for non-md88 drivers.
Who gives a damn what the feds might do, how about getting DL IROPS and reroute rules up to ASA's level?

I'll probably piss off some compass guys and gals with this question. But here it goes...

I've always wondered the future of compass since it's restricted to 36 aircraft. Does this limit apply to all aircraft types or just the E175?

I think everyone would agree as a company grows older it's cost to operate usually increase. One big reason is salaries. And to offset this companies usually grow.

MEM and DTW are such small bases I have to question if they're even efficient to keep around in the future.

Just curious if anyone else has thought about this. I honestly don't know if compass is making tons of money or not. And if they have future plans or not.

Let's hope that Compass doesn't grow. Compass (or any regional for that matter) getting more airplanes and growing is bad for all of us in the long run. Also, for the record I'm in favor of us staying part of the DAL MEC and the flow up/down (remember we still have 3 NWA furloghees on property here) staying in place.

Some of the ASA work rules regarding reduced rest/ rescheduling etc are BETTER than DL has now. But the wide-body flying club ( member?)
Who gives a damn what the feds might do, how about getting DL IROPS and reroute rules up to ASA's level?

I think that all of us want improvements on 23K and section 23 as a whole. Many of us are working on low and no cost items that we will push for from the get go.

Tell that to the Delta guys; rumor has it Compass will be spun off in the October Delta MEC meeting.

If the slight majority gets its way, then the break will be public and messy. LM needs to show he's in control, and I don't see this as a unanimous vote no matter how much he pleads.

Nu

Are you serious? Everyday is an IROP at ASA. Their SOC is rediculously horrible.... Just take a stroll down C and D concourse one day. Every announcement starts with "sorry for the delay."

Granted only the first 360 furloughed Delta pilots will actually have a job, and only 180 of them will make more than unemployment wages.

In theory, according to seniority, the last 360 furloughed Delta pilots will actually have a job.

If the slight majority gets its way, then the break will be public and messy. LM needs to show he's in control, and I don't see this as a unanimous vote no matter how much he pleads.

Nu

We will find out shortly.

Latest resources

Back