• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know I don't need to explain how important this flow-up / flow-down agreement is to the Delta pilots right now. Without it, Delta could furlough and leave the junior, furloughed pilots without a job. I wouldn't be too sure about Compass terminating the agreement.

How does having a flow-up/flow down protect all potential furloughees? Isn't compass relatively small in size?

It protects every Delta pilot by making furloughing just a little more expensive than without Compass. Granted only the first 360 furloughed Delta pilots will actually have a job, and only 180 of them will make more than unemployment wages.

Hi!

I think that with the economy, DAL's position, and the changing FARs, that DAL will start hiring in 6-14 or so months.

cliff
NBO

Well we're parking 80 of NWA's old jets. We've had a lot of guys leave from NWA (600 in 2 years) and will have a lot more leave but it will probably be at least another year or two to make up for 80 jets worth of flying.

The flow thru at CAL had nothing to do with the single MEC. The flow thru ended when ExpressJet was IPO'd. The problem with the flow thru was that Express pilots went to CAL 1/3 but CAL pilots went to Express 1/1. There was an attempt to fix that and had it been realized every single Express pilot on property in 2004 would have been at CAL within 10yrs. Elimination of the agreement allowed CAL to hire using the good ol' boy way.
Splitting of the MEC came later, and was a stupid idea that was supported by the CAL scab reps. One reason to have a union is to unify a group of workers against management, by splitting the MEC into two groups you work counter to that idea, and make management very happy.

The flow thru at CAL had nothing to do with the single MEC. The flow thru ended when ExpressJet was IPO'd. The problem with the flow thru was that Express pilots went to CAL 1/3 but CAL pilots went to Express 1/1. There was an attempt to fix that and had it been realized every single Express pilot on property in 2004 would have been at CAL within 10yrs. Elimination of the agreement allowed CAL to hire using the good ol' boy way.
Splitting of the MEC came later, and was a stupid idea that was supported by the CAL scab reps. One reason to have a union is to unify a group of workers against management, by splitting the MEC into two groups you work counter to that idea, and make management very happy.

Tell that to the Delta guys; rumor has it Compass will be spun off in the October Delta MEC meeting.

Latest resources

Back