• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Won't apply to mil leave. I am on mil leave. That will cover me through the end of my leave and I will get 401K deposits when I leave based upon my earnings had I not left. These blank lines will give folks zero income so zero 401K deposits.

Agreed, and one of my first thoughts was they would have people knocking down the doors if they promised to pay a 55 hr SIL guarantee in to your retirement accounts. (IE your DC and 401K match based on 55 hrs at your contractual rate) Not sure we will get a lot of takers at a zero pay month. I would assume to keep the health insurance active you will need to cut checks like those on leave do.

I agree that once again, people are irked their input was not sought. I agree that this is an issue.

The only saving grace is that the NFL's are not mandatory.

With the 88 getting fat staffed to prepare for a possible furlough? If so, I like this.

I would not say the 88 is being fat staffed. Accross the company, the 88 F/Os are only staffed about 30 more than the captains. And the captains certainly are not overstaffed. Last two trips I have flown have been with F/Os on greenslips. I don't see any fat staffing on the 88. Not yet anyway.

Any guess as to how many surplus pilots DAL has now and do the figures include the surpluses that would be generated if the older DC-9's are parked? I have heard a wide range of numbers on the line.
Thanks

I would not say the 88 is being fat staffed. Accross the company, the 88 F/Os are only staffed about 30 more than the captains. And the captains certainly are not overstaffed. Last two trips I have flown have been with F/Os on greenslips. I don't see any fat staffing on the 88. Not yet anyway.

Michael, I was stating that maybe one of the other alternatives was to displace which would lead to fat staffing the 88. I agree the 88 is not fat staffed. Em boys are getting used.

Also FWIW, the 767B in ATL is actually been fairly thin this month too. I saw a few GS last weekend, and one inverse assignment. I think we may have a few tomorrow too!

Any guess as to how many surplus pilots DAL has now and do the figures include the surpluses that would be generated if the older DC-9's are parked? I have heard a wide range of numbers on the line.
Thanks

Simply put we are about 1200-1300 over for the winter. Even staffed for next summer to slightly short. (subject to change of course)

If they pare the 32 5500 block 757's, the 40 or so 30/40 series 9's we are looking at 72 jets at 10 bodies a aircraft that is 700 pilot conservatively. That also does not take in to consideration the new metal that is coming. (777's) 20 of those take care of the staffing issue, if they park all of those jets tomorrow. We are getting two late this year/ early next year.

I would not freak out at them parking these jets. The earliest I have heard that all of these would be gone is 18 months post SOC. That is a long time away an a lot needs to happen between now and then.
Also remember that our utilization of current jets is way down, and 40 or so 757/767's are in storage that are planned to start hitting the line again in a year or so. I would not be filling out apps quite yet. The economy will have to deflate more for that to be a concern. It may, but relax a little.

ive heard more than a few guys in the crew room talking about how they like these no pay lines. Most say they want to use them to take december off for christmas holidays or to take a nice long vacation. if guys dont need the money then it would be a good reason to take the time off. For most though, we need to get paid.

ALOT more would take it if they did the 55 hours pay though.

Do pilots that fly the MD90's only fly the MD90's or do they mix them with the MD88's?

So let me get this straight....the company was allowed to carry out their already illegal increase of larger RJ's in exchange for promises on no furlough and flow back to compass. So we used negotiating capital on a no furlough provision and the company got what they wanted in the illegal RJ's. Now a year later pilots are not getting SILS pay because Moak and the gang agreed to time off NO PAY to "prevent furloughs because we are overstaffed"? Things that make you go Hmmmm.

At the end of the day, backroom dealing Lee Moak MUST GO! The way he operates is counter to everything a union was established to prevent/protect.

Do pilots that fly the MD90's only fly the MD90's or do they mix them with the MD88's?

MD90 pilots that are based in SLC/CVG fly both MD88/MD90. Usually 1st leg out of base is MD90, and then fly the MD88 for a few days, and last leg back into base on the 90. Pay is couple bucks more than the 88 drivers.

Latest resources

Back