Delta Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cliff,

Unfortunately, in our society, the fear of litigation takes precedence over all.

In my opinion, DALPA should be more concerned about a DFR lawsuit from within their own ranks than one originating from Compass.

One reason to have a union is to unify a group of workers against management, QUOTE]

Are you kidding me...is this what ALPA is about...fck them.

How about working with managemnt to make a profitable company....weird concept.

Better yet...fight your fight and win....burn the place down.....you win you win....wait your out of a job...but you won.....right?

The company would be really profitable if they cut our pay by half (again) and outsourced all flying below 150 seats. Go team!!

I wanted to see this go differently and worked very hard on that March Resolution.

What the MEC sees is this: (IMHO)
CPS is a separate PWA, and their opener is in 2011 a year before ours. What would our MEC do or what would our pilots do if the CPS guys wanted more jets and our MEC was pushing management for that? Can't make both groups happy with that one.
What if we decided to take flying back , say the 175 from CPS. Would there not be a DFR issue with that?

I see their argument. I agree that there points should bring up concern.

I wanted them to be DAL pilots, but it ain't that easy. This issue is tied to many things.

IMHO no one wanted to open section six in this economy, that is what we would have had to do to get CPS on the list. The company would have wanted a major Quid Pro Quo. The MEC made their decision based on the facts as they saw them.

If you do not like it, tell your reps, and why. When you are done talking, listen to what they have to say about the issue, give their points some thoughts and then respond in kind.

I 100% agree that the best solution is for unity and that we had a real chance here to change the way we do business. I am sure that if CPS got on the list, that the two other WO carriers would have wanted that too, then the rest of the DCI carriers would have want a piece of the pie. The SKW pilots would have found intrinsic value in being a ALPA carrier and getting a seat at the table. This is still all very possible, the difference is that CPS will have their dedicated voice and we will work with their group very closely.

I encourage the CPS guys that want to keep the relationship with DALPA near and dear to run for these offices, because at the end of the day your flow and future at DAL may be in jeopardy from within if you do not protect it.

This is a set back, and far from the end of the fight guys. Make your feelings known, I cannot stress that enough.

The problem with our reps is the majority get out of touch with flying the line and
the grind of every day operations. Lee Moak and the reps naturally become one and the same, hence we have no vote, other than a nomination for a guy that puts a note in my V-file that says he kissed a$$ for 3 years as an ALPA go-for and would love to kiss some more therefore elect him? That is about as much control as the line pilot has, no votes that matter just a chance to nominate someone they barely know. I am not sure what DALPA is? Other than a deduction on my paycheck.

ACL, I know this all seems harsh and I do appreciate all your tid-bits! Although, the reality is that Non Flying Lines that seemingly have replaced SILS is just the final wax job on the furlough turd before we eat it. I would support a furlough ( I would get cut ) if it brought back some sort of control of scope and the end of ALPA negotiations that encouraged the outsourcing of DELTA flying to other airlines both Domestic and Abroad! JP

The problem with our reps is the majority get out of touch with flying the line and
the grind of every day operations. Lee Moak and the reps naturally become one and the same, hence we have no vote, other than a nomination for a guy that puts a note in my V-file that says he kissed a$$ for 3 years as an ALPA go-for and would love to kiss some more therefore elect him? That is about as much control as the line pilot has, no votes that matter just a chance to nominate someone they barely know. I am not sure what DALPA is? Other than a deduction on my paycheck.
Your summation sounds just like how the average American feels about Congress. I feel your pain.

Yes, but every time I'm scheduled to fly with one my dues pay for them to drop the trip?

The last four trips that I have been scheduled to fly with our LEC have been given to a reserve pilot. I know they are supposed to fly the line, but with overstaffing and the amount of pole smoking that Lee Moak requires our reps to perform keeps them to busy to fly:) JP

Joe, this is cliche, but get involved on some level and see what goes on. I agree that there needs to be more back and forth between the line due paying pilots and the representation. To sit there and think that they are drinking beer and having trips bought from them with your dollars is crap. Even I who do not like the some of the actions disagree with your statement.

Latest resources

Back