• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So let me get this straight....the company was allowed to carry out their already illegal increase of larger RJ's in exchange for promises on no furlough and flow back to compass. So we used negotiating capital on a no furlough provision and the company got what they wanted in the illegal RJ's. Now a year later pilots are not getting SILS pay because Moak and the gang agreed to time off NO PAY to "prevent furloughs because we are overstaffed"? Things that make you go Hmmmm.

At the end of the day, backroom dealing Lee Moak MUST GO! The way he operates is counter to everything a union was established to prevent/protect.

You seem to have a good grasp on what's going on. Lee Moak is taking care of Lee Moak's retirement and future. He is next in line to become ALPA president and acts like every other previous ALPA president.

F()ck Lee Moak

Joe, As much as people want to place the blame of all things DALPA on our Chairman, this was a vote of your reps.

If you want give me a call and I will explain some of the legitimate fears that DALPA has in regards to dual representation. I agree with the fears they have, and the reasoning behind them. It stinks that we could not eek some unity out of it. The communication of why is what lacks here.

I would have like to see some seniority numbers given out, but the company has to want to play ball, and currently they do not even want to get the balls out of the closet.

I would have like to see some seniority numbers given out, but the company has to want to play ball, and currently they do not even want to get the balls out of the closet.

That's correct. We'd all love to see Compass pilots on the Delta seniority list, but unfortunately, merely handing out seniority numbers does nothing for our scope. Compass would be dissolved, it's pilots furloughed and the 76-seat flying shifted to the lowest bidder. The company has to play ball, indeed. Next contract, maybe.

In the meantime, the best move is for Compass to get their own MEC and DALPA to represent ONLY Delta pilots.

That is a shame. Well, if it is a conflict of interest, it is best to seperate the two and allow them to represent themselves.

Bye Bye--General Lee

One reason to have a union is to unify a group of workers against management, QUOTE]

Are you kidding me...is this what ALPA is about...fck them.

How about working with managemnt to make a profitable company....weird concept.

Better yet...fight your fight and win....burn the place down.....you win you win....wait your out of a job...but you won.....right?

One reason to have a union is to unify a group of workers against management, QUOTE]

Better yet...fight your fight and win....burn the place down.....you win you win....wait your out of a job...but you won.....right?

Right on the money RedDog!

The pilot group is keeping track of all that they've 'given up' for this merger so that come contract negotiations, they better reap some benefits. Most guys can afford to sacrifice a little bit now for future returns.

Hmmmm. Well, maybe you haven't been paying attention to what every other airline has been faced with in the last decade. It is called corporate greed, and your airline seems to be the ONLY one without it I guess. Good for you guys. When you have a BK judge helping with negotiations, it is tough. When management tells that judge "We can't sleep at night because we might not have taken enough away from the pilots", you just have to think "what are we going to do next time when contract negotiations come around?" Face it, we have different cultures, and we prepare differently. I think it is good we have some North guys on the MEC, to watch our Delta-S people and keep them in line. Our upcoming contract negoations will not be easy, but we will have to try to recoup as much as we can.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Hi!

That's correct. We'd all love to see Compass pilots on the Delta seniority list, but unfortunately, merely handing out seniority numbers does nothing for our scope. Compass would be dissolved, it's pilots furloughed and the 76-seat flying shifted to the lowest bidder. The company has to play ball, indeed. Next contract, maybe.

In the meantime, the best move is for Compass to get their own MEC and DALPA to represent ONLY Delta pilots.

I have heard that the MD-88 guys don't have it as good as the widebody guys. If some DAL pilots want the above for Compass, would it not make sense then, to split the MD-88/90/DC-9 guys off from DAL also and have a separate seniority list, MEC, and airline for them also?

I think, from a pilot career perspective, it would make the most sense to add Compass, Comair and Mesba to the DAL seniority list, make all their aircraft DAL aircraft, and not allow anyone to fly a "DAL" passenger other than a DAL pilot on a DAL airplane. But, I realize that this is easier said than done!!!

cliff
NBO

Latest resources

Back