• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you serious? Everyday is an IROP at ASA. Their SOC is rediculously horrible.... Just take a stroll down C and D concourse one day. Every announcement starts with "sorry for the delay."

First off, he was talking about the scheduling rules.

As far as walking down C and D concourse, you do realize that most of our ops are done by Delta. Delta runs the gates. Delta runs the ramp. Delta outsources the fuel. Delta has also set the block times that aren't realistic. ASA is going to take the block time scheduling back.

Are you serious? Everyday is an IROP at ASA. Their SOC is rediculously horrible.... Just take a stroll down C and D concourse one day. Every announcement starts with "sorry for the delay."

Read the posts francis! DL can scream IROPS!!!! for anything and everything. Read the definition and list of things for which they can reschedule i.e. screw you. It is scary to think DALPA actually said yes to this kinda crap. Oh and forget premium pay for that 1158 PM reschedule due to a duck fart across the country, it ain't comin. ASA contract mucho better in areas, and its time the union does something about it.
The wide body flying club doesn't get nailed by it much, so basically you have these guys bragging about DL's work rules which is laughable. Many holes in the boat.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the only way compass can grow is if mainline allows it to by giving up more scope? I thought the maximum number of 76 seaters has been hit (or exceeded) and the only growth would come in the form of relaxing the scope language? As many have stated, the overwhelming majority of compass pilots do not want the flow to go away, and would rather stay under the wing of the mainline than go at it alone. Again, if we continue to break apart at the seams, it gives mgmt another tool in the chest to use against ALL of us.

LOA#18 has been posted. Go read it.

Is it me? or we just gave company relief on SILs. Am I reading that the new SIL is a month off for NO PAY!, what about the "old SILs". Not surprised Moak caved, but what did we get in exchange?

SIL is one of the best deals DAL has, or had I guess. 55 hours a month and take the month off. I really hope it doesn't go away, but I did find it kind of odd that there were no SILs at all the last two months. it sounds like there have been some back room deals going on for a few months.....

I guess you could look at it that way. I do not have the reasoning behind it, but ponder this.
This will allow people who are dropping their entire months to just go on leave. The number of these lines posted does not have to be filled. Point is that if only two take it, they will not involuntary assign the remaining ones in inverse order. (read temporary furlough) The wording is strict enough like an SIL that if there are no takers the ones that signed up take it, and the rest go on making reserve pay. If this is the case you may see SIL's.
This does not work for guys who see DAL as their only job. The benefit to this is for the guy who does mil leave, or the guy with a business that drops all but one trip a month to do his other career. With this they will get medical and pass bennies. That means that they get the only reasons they are keeping this job. There are a lot of guys out there that use DAL for these two reasons alone. I personally know about 50 of em.
DAL saw guys dropping trips that put their credit way below the 55 hrs that the SIL's credit and decided not to award any as it would cost them more than what guys were doing for themselves. The program lets those guys playing the system opt in, and do their other job. It may give a few junior guys a line that they might not get otherwise.
Once again, we were our own worst enemy. By us doing all of this dropping, the company was able to conclude that it was cheaper not to award SIL's
Just my thoughts of course.

ACL, it is my understanding SILs "were" part of PWA, just like reserve guarantee. The union gave the company relief on this issue, and there is no doubt we are setting a precedent for the future. I personally know 3 777A who have flown 1 trip each in the last 60 days, would it be OK for the company to pay them any less than if they flew 70 hours a month every month. I know you don't think so, I don't either, I just believe the company believes we shouldn't get paid "for not working" and what point enough is enough. In my book they just crossed that line. for every one DAL pilot who only "works" one trip a month because he has to, there are 15-20 who would've taken the SILs at 55 hours. The union just gave a very big chunk of money back to the company for not apparent reason, aren't you concerned?

ACL, it is my understanding SILs "were" part of PWA, just like reserve guarantee. The union gave the company relief on this issue, and there is no doubt we are setting a precedent for the future. I personally know 3 777A who have flown 1 trip each in the last 60 days, would it be OK for the company to pay them any less than if they flew 70 hours a month every month. I know you don't think so, I don't either, I just believe the company believes we shouldn't get paid "for not working" and what point enough is enough. In my book they just crossed that line. for every one DAL pilot who only "works" one trip a month because he has to, there are 15-20 who would've taken the SILs at 55 hours. The union just gave a very big chunk of money back to the company for not apparent reason, aren't you concerned?

I am curious as to why they did it. What was the first offer or request from the company? Remember that if we as a group do not want these types of deals in the future, no one should take one. It will send a message that SIL's are what we want.

I can guess all day at why they did it. We may get answers, but we may not. I am not a fan of zero pay, but it in reality we need to look at the whole picture. Did it start off with no 01.01.2010 pay bump? Was this the compromise. If that is the case, I will be happy with it. Was it another displacement? With the 88 getting fat staffed to prepare for a possible furlough? If so, I like this. Like I said, I doubt it was as clear cut as we would like to think. Nothing ever is.

I AM concerned over the precedent this sets. It means that we have told the company that we are willing to accept seasonal LOA's. I do not like that at all. Next time it may be X number of pilots will take these, and if we do not get them we will go in inverse seniority order. NWA used to furlough in the off season. This LOA is far from that, and or contract protects us against that type of action. Read the LOA. It is for a specific time frame, then it is null. All I will say is it might open the door to the possibility, of similiar types of programs in the future.

On a side note, the yield should pick up going forward, and that is good for all of us.

Won't apply to mil leave. I am on mil leave. That will cover me through the end of my leave and I will get 401K deposits when I leave based upon my earnings had I not left. These blank lines will give folks zero income so zero 401K deposits.

Latest resources

Back