• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta has mid contract improvement TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're an idiot. We take our flying back and we do it safely period. Delta is printing money right now and you think we should make concessions? These will not go senior. Rest can be reduced to 3 hours and block can be up to 2 hours. That's any Florida airport from/to ATL. Block ATL-MIA 1:54.
What I'm hearing from my friends from ASA these were not senior at all and they will go to junior Delta pilots on all narrowbody fleets.
ALPAs slogan is "Schedule with Safety" WTF? How is this anything but a huge step backwards in safety at DAL?

Wow. I'm an idiot. Great argument.

But since you "went there", why is it safe for ASA to be flying DELTA PASSENGERS this way, but not Delta mainline? Double standard much?

And yes, I just called a friend, and "naps" are still way senior at ASA. Like 20+ seniority for CAs and 10+ for FOs to hold a nap line. The reason is because their soft pay is huge over there. 50 hours block, 90 hours pay?

Last edited:
Wow. I'm an idiot. Great argument.

But since you "went there", why is it safe for ASA to be flying DELTA PASSENGERS this way, but not Delta mainline? Double standard much?

And yes, I just called a friend, and "naps" are still way senior at ASA. Like 20+ seniority for CAs and 10+ for FOs to hold a nap line. The reason is because their soft pay is huge over there. 50 hours block, 90 hours pay?

Did I say it was safe for ASA to do them? I don't think I did. How many Florida destinations does mainline do in FL? How about the Southeast U.S.? It's going to be different and worse than ASA "bend overs" due to the amount of flying and leg length possible under this concession. Do you think Delta pilots should do these because we're getting our flying back from the RJs? I think Delta should find a different way to schedule it. It's going to cost more so what? We can't go backwards anymore in this profession. Now is the time to make positive gains. Shame on you for saying otherwise.

Did I say it was safe for ASA to do them? I don't think I did. How many Florida destinations does mainline do in FL? How about the Southeast U.S.? It's going to be different and worse than ASA "bend overs" due to the amount of flying and leg length possible under this concession. Do you think Delta pilots should do these because we're getting our flying back from the RJs? I think Delta should find a different way to schedule it. It's going to cost more so what? We can't go backwards anymore in this profession. Now is the time to make positive gains. Shame on you for saying otherwise.

Go ahead and put management over a barrel and watch how fast they find more ways to outsource the flying. Negotiations are a two way street. You're really not very bright are you?

Go ahead and put management over a barrel and watch how fast they find more ways to outsource the flying. Negotiations are a two way street. You're really not very bright are you?

These are a VERY bad idea. Want to feel like death warmed over and have to pull off the side of the highway on your way home so you don't fall asleep at the wheel? I don't.

The real problem is the fact that the 6 hours is block to block and the hotel rest is reducible. On a nice night with no delays, these will be somewhat decent. It is when there is a lot of IROPS going on where the crews are going to take it in the shorts. How about that? Get to TPA at 0030 (after dodging the thunderstorms that triggered the late arrival in the first place) and have an 0445 pickup! Safe? I think not...

We can't negotiate safety away like this. We won't tolerate more outsourcing either. It's no longer time for our profession to go backwards. Now is time for improvement in pay and work rules after our lost decade. This TA crosses the line for safety plain and simple. It is unacceptable to me and I hope many more of my fellow DAL pilots.

Hate to say it, but does DALPA roll to every management demand? As an outsider reading these threads, it sure seems so.

The fact that this was in FAR 117 makes the whole reg laughable, including the max 16 hour FDP. The MEC needs to send this back. Or we need Memrat to send it back.

When it comes to the regs, how could you get rid of them when it's what ups and fedex do all night. You are on duty, the idea isn't to rest in the hotel- it's to rest at home.
Where it gets unsafe is when pilots count on that hotel time and don't get it. Just wait until they ask you to ferry a couple of airplanes when you were supposed to be in the hotel.

The devil is 100% in the details and what your contract says-

This isn't very bright.

I happen to agree with you on this one, with lots of caution, but MA is right- it's about gains now and you're showing an unfortunate mentality within delta on outsourcing.
Get one thing clear- and I hear you, I really do- but outsourcing didn't happen just bc mainline didn't want to do less desirable flying- in part, but also politics played a big role- ultimately it happened to that level bc the group wasn't strong enough on that subject.

Plain and simple- dalpa allowed it instead of standing firm, and like a $1000 hooker who wakes up ten years later doing it for $10, once mgmt knew dalpa would cross a line they just inched that line farther and farther away from reasonable.

What you going to vote yes to pay cut next time. just remember they might outsource more if you don't. We know you will vote for anything put in front of you..

Looks like the DAL MEC met today and took stand ups completely off the table. We get the pay raises without split duty periods. Sorry Box Office, looks like we don't have to give concessions. Idiot

Latest resources

Back