• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta has mid contract improvement TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any delay and your hotel sit gets screwed over and you are not going to rest. Believe me, the way we schedule our jets, by the last flight of the day, you are delayed.

This "win" reeks of the "NO MORE 11 hour three days" (sure because now you will stop out to the west coast for a block of 1310) wooohooooo

Stand ups suck- but you basically become a ups or fedex pilot for a night-
Just absolutely need good contractual language-
I have a friend on the 190 at usair who did stand ups to Toronto.!
If there's any truth to that, that is ridiculous- customs on 3 hours sleep?
Wow-

From my regional days I know young dads would do them bc it gave them flexibility with the family and they weren't sleeping anyway.
With the Feds coming down on sleep apnea, I don't see this as wise- but that's just me.
The double whammy always seem to be that the stand ups with more rest paid a lot more bc you were on your duty rig. So the short ones not only killed you with short rest they paid the minimum and forced you into sleeping like a wolf in the day when you got back- the ones with 7+ hour rest went senior and were pretty good living since they often paid 8 hours
I didn't mind one here and there- but a line full of them was brutal by the end of the second week
We have to be smarter about the long term consequences of messing with our sleep like that

Last edited:
As a commuter how would you like to pay for 2 hotels if you get 3 in a row. Have you ever down CDO's? A lot of us have. They suck.

With an early check in and late check out you can pay for one room for the three cdos.

Stand ups suck- but you basically become a ups or fedex pilot for a night-
Just absolutely need good contractual language-
I have a friend on the 190 at usair who did stand ups to Toronto.!
If there's any truth to that, that is ridiculous- customs on 3 hours sleep?
Wow-

From my regional days I know young dads would do them bc it gave them flexibility with the family and they weren't sleeping anyway.
With the Feds coming down on sleep apnea, I don't see this as wise- but that's just me.
The double whammy always seem to be that the stand ups with more rest paid a lot more bc you were on your duty rig. So the short ones not only killed you with short rest they paid the minimum and forced you into sleeping like a wolf in the day when you got back- the ones with 7+ hour rest went senior and were pretty good living since they often paid 8 hours
I didn't mind one here and there- but a line full of them was brutal by the end of the second week
We have to be smarter about the long term consequences of messing with our sleep like that

We had yul cdos out of Atl and east coast FL out of dfw.

Good input guys. I'll wait until I see the restrictions on them during the road shows before I make anymore comments. Under the right constraints I would be fine with them. We'll have to wait and see the details I guess.

tail

I may get shot for saying this, but if the cdo's are short, you live in base, and they're gonna pay 7:30, I'd say sign me up!

From my regional career.

ATL-HSV-DCA 6 hours ATL: That was at ASA in Delta paint.

They go junior, except for a couple guys who enjoy zero adult supervision. You know: no tie, Northface pullover, unshaven, packing a toiletry pack and some cigarettes. Couldn't tell you a single memo in the last ten years, has no idea that you are in contract talks, and is pissed to discover the jepps are missing because of "some BS EFB no one told me about".

Reserve is a real treat. The old two day followed by a standup. The AM reserve call at 3AM to put you to rest for an 8PM show. Classic.

They are dangerous. Sure you may have someone awake 90% of the time but a fire in the cabin on the way out of Montreal would have been a death sentence. A V1 cut on a delayed JAX would be questionable.

By all means go for it. Remember "they will only use 50 seaters on short hall stuff and we have iron clad language"!

Wait. CDO's are on the table for Delta?

Combine that with Redeye's and 4 days that pay 21, I have to say that doesn't look too appealing (I know Genny's sundae makes up for a lot of this)

I've done CDO's in the past and they suck. Crashpad is right, they typically go junior because of what they do to your body. I've only come across one guy that liked them. He liked to play golf everyday and just stayed awake most of the day. Not sure how well he'd do in an emergency like Crash stated. I find them less than safe.

Latest resources

Back