Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tailhookah

Just be the ball, Danny..
The Delta MEC has been working since last summer on a mid contract revision due to the impact of the 117 regs. Last week Delta MEC Chairman released the news to Delta Pilots regarding the TA. Road shows to follow. The improvements are all due to the impact that FAR 117 had on our QOL, International flying, pairing construction and min pay.

Some of the highlights are a 5:15 calendar day rig, a rule making it harder to reroute someone mid pairing along with improvements to international flying rules.

It will eliminate the 19 hour 4 day trips we've seen as a result of FAR 117. Now a 4 day will pay a minimum of 21. The 13:30's will now pay 15:45.

I think it's a good improvement, especially mid contract. Now we don't have to use up any negotiating capital on these items for Contract 16!

Tailhookah

Yeah but we have standup overnights I hear now.....oh joy!!

Yep. The CDO's/stand-ups/life-span-shorteners are an automatic no-vote for me. I thought I left those behind at my regional.

You would not believe how senior stand-ups went at NWA. I never understood it myself. I was very junior on the DC-9 for about 3 years and I only flew one. They are definitely not for me, but some guys love them.

IMO stand ups are fine if they are built accordingly. MSP-FAR, ATL-CHS, SLC-DEN. It's when the legs start going over an hour of flying time when they get real narly. Problem is that some people want them, most do not, and they definitely aren't something that you should force people to do. Therein lies the problem.

I commute. But if I lived in base I'd do some. 7:30 rig... leave after dinner... home at 9 am. Do 10 for 75 hours... But as a commuter different. Also, as long as they are not built into pairings I'm ok w/ them. I figure they'll go to enough guys who want em for what I described above. You could have a two day trip added in w/ your schedule and get a minimum of 85:30 credit for 12 duty periods.... that's over 7 hours per duty period... I think that's pretty good...

Another perspective. As long as they aren't abused. I do see these coming in place of the 30 hour layovers. Like I said, as long as they don't put these into 2-4 day pairings, I'm ok. They have to be stand alone pairings.

Tail...

As a commuter how would you like to pay for 2 hotels if you get 3 in a row. Have you ever down CDO's? A lot of us have. They suck.

Latest resources

Back