Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta has great DEC quarter, $2.7 Billion yearly profit, article...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, try to keep up will ya?

In 2013 our rates were 8.5% higher than they were from 7/12 to 12/12. They were 12.84% higher than they were from 1/12 to 7/12. You obviously have trouble reading publicly available pay scales.

I made 26% more, without working more, due to a blended 10% rate raise 2013 vs 2012, higher profit sharing payout, higher shared rewards payouts, using our work rules and swap board to get better more valuable trips than I could get at time of bidding, flying some greenslips....which are flown at a 100% raise, vacation and training being worth more, etc,etc. I could go on but since you think we only got a 3% raise last year, I seriously doubt you have the capacity to understand.

You seem clueless. Explain THAT one...

Yes, Jonny Juany is clueless.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Copied from the other forum (from JB) about the actual conference call today:

$558 million profit for the quarter
$2.7 billion profit for the year
15% return on capital
Will "significantly" increase profit in 2014 from 2013
Reducing Tokyo reliance
Saving $250 million in mx costs this year through 50 seat retirements
$350 million in money returned to shareholders through stock buyback and dividends through middle of this year.
50 seat regional jets have been draining the profitability at JFK.
50 seat aircraft being replaced with ?two class aircraft? including 28 more crj 900?s this year
Might pay cash for widebody aircraft
Have the right to cancel 787 orders

Bye Bye---General Lee

Copied from the other forum (from JB) about the actual conference call today:

$558 million profit for the quarter
$2.7 billion profit for the year
15% return on capital
Will "significantly" increase profit in 2014 from 2013
Reducing Tokyo reliance
Saving $250 million in mx costs this year through 50 seat retirements
$350 million in money returned to shareholders through stock buyback and dividends through middle of this year.
50 seat regional jets have been draining the profitability at JFK.
50 seat aircraft being replaced with ?two class aircraft? including 28 more crj 900?s this year
Might pay cash for widebody aircraft
Have the right to cancel 787 orders

Bye Bye---General Lee

The last line is the best because who needs widebodies right??? Even the Russians laugh at us and our old junk equipment. These guys are lining pockets now and when the time comes to actually renew the fleet, they hit the silk and bail. Too many times repeated....

Sorry General, not drinking the kool aid!!

The last line is the best because who needs widebodies right??? Even the Russians laugh at us and our old junk equipment. These guys are lining pockets now and when the time comes to actually renew the fleet, they hit the silk and bail. Too many times repeated....

Gee Bill, as long as you are analyzing lines in the statement, what about the line right above that one? "Might pay cash for widebody aircraft"

As for management lining their pockets and preparing to bail, look...I don't trust these guys to look out for our interests in the slightest. But, don't you think they could have lined their pockets a lot faster if they hadn't spent millions and millions on new interiors for the entire widebody fleet?

Believe me...as a fNWA I've seen pocket lining while neglecting the fleet and nearly everything else......so far anyway, this ain't it.

Sure...the 10 A330s on order they"ll pay cash for.....big whoop

But read the line above it, buy widebodies with cash. There will be used 773s out there that DL can pick up, and the DL pilots do have limits on JVs. Those limits have been exceeded, and from this upcoming May they have 1 year to become "compliant." If they don't negotiate, then they have to add about 9 daily widebodies per day. (With AF/KL/AZ Joint Venture). I really doubt DALPA will give in on that, unless there was huge upside for the pilots. I also think DALPA is aware of the DPA, and they have to be a little bit more aggressive, and I think they have been with the 117 stuff so far. Cautiously optimistic.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Sure...the 10 A330s on order they"ll pay cash for.....big whoop

And the general will have to put his PJs on in front of the business pax as he now has to sleep in 3B because he decided to get rid of the private pilot sleeping quarters for a 2% pay raise. Isn't this right, general?

And why should they release the results? So the company can say "Aha, 51 percent think pay is important? Next time let's just get a payraise just enough to make them vote yes and forget about the other stuff!"

It would be stupid to publicly release a survey showing what's most important to the pilot group so the company can use a scalpel on it to their advantage.

It's been a historical dilemma; ALPA uses the poker analogy as an excuse to never reveal to the pilot group what their own goals were. Why have they never used an independent audit to confirm that the pilot groups will was followed ? It should be simple enough - Pay an independent firm to assess the goals of the group, per the pre contract survey, then assess whether they reached them or not.

Since nobody seems to trust ALPA National and their mysterious surveys - why don't they use an independent firm to audit their own success, or lack thereof ? Thereby proving that the vocal minority are wrong, and the mustache wearing, outsource loving, RLA suckling scum in Herndon are right.

:D

Latest resources

Back