Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta has great DEC quarter, $2.7 Billion yearly profit, article...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait, wait, wait......I read on the other board that delta doesn't pay for hotel rooms for new hires during sim training. Can you confirm this? That's a lotta coin. With 2.6 B in profit, don't you think it's important to pay for something that Spirit and Virgin America pay for? General????

This is true. All newhires are considered hired into Atlanta, and therefore do not receive hotel during their initial training, although they do during the two weeks of indoc.

IMHO, It's not that big of a deal as there are plenty of crash pads and training is about a month long. New hires have to fork out about 500 bucks for a place to stay that month.

Ok, you win. We're the best!

Did you really just explain to me that we're members of skyteam?

SWA people and others, please realize, in my years of flying at Delta, I have never met anyone remotely like this person. And thinking of our culture and the kinds of people I work with, I can't imagine a person like this within it.

Wow Debbie Downer, it would be a drag flying all the way across the Atlantic with you.

Any perspective DL wannabes, please, please realize that not every pilot here is as sullen and depressed as Kharma. Someday, I hope he'll be happy..... Most people are....

And, maybe you did need a SkyTeam refresher.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Redflyer and General,

You know what's embarrassing is your tit for tat. Delta is a good place to work so is Southwest. We all know we do different flying, big deal. Do we really need to debate the code share, rj, widebody, international, diverse flying etc again and again.
Enough for me now time to watch some hockey.

You smell new.

Oh, wait. That's already been used. Sorry Ty.

With all the money that they have now will they consider paying back all the
stockholders that they wiped out, or the creditors that they owed millions to,
or all the contractors that they screwed by not paying their bills when they
declared bankruptcy?

With all the money that they have now will they consider paying back all the
stockholders that they wiped out, or the creditors that they owed millions to,
or all the contractors that they screwed by not paying their bills when they
declared bankruptcy?

Actually, a lot of the creditors got a pretty good chunk of their money back. Thanks to Doug Parker trying to pick up DL in BK, DL had to pay more money on the dollar than the average payback. Even the pilots, a major creditor, got paid more thanks to Parker's failed attempt. Thanks Doug!

Bye Bye---General Lee

RJs go to cities that mainline planes can't go to profitably, like Dothan, AL. How many AT cities were just dropped by SWA because 737s couldn't make money? Answer: 17.

Code shares make sense when airlines can't expand into other countries, but want to make travel "seamless" for the business traveler. You can't fly within Brazil or China, but code sharing allows their intra country pax to connect to your INTL flight. I think SWA initially code shared with AT after the merger, riiiight? I'm correct.

Bankruptcy, something hopefully you yourself don't have to do, or your company. If you do, it might save you. This is the land of second chances, and if you get into dire straights, the BK process is there for you.

You really can't debate, you just totally lost. You ain't no James Carvel, that's for sure, hoss....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Now you have completely changed my belief that you are actually a pilot. You must be Richard Anderson, or his pool boy. Pilots who embrace this kind of logic are just plane dangerous. I can't believe you actually love management that much to condone the above practices. I don't even think your buddy PCL will even come to your defense on this one, you're an oddball in this industry.

Any perspective DL wannabes, please, please realize that not every pilot here is as sullen and depressed as Kharma. Someday, I hope he'll be happy..... Most people are....

Bye Bye---General Lee

He seems normal and informed, the exact kind of guy that you need to thank for your next contract. Don't hate him just because he doesn't wear Delto Pajamas and a photo of Richard Anderson on his nightstand.

Now you have completely changed my belief that you are actually a pilot. You must be Richard Anderson, or his pool boy. Pilots who embrace this kind of logic are just plane dangerous. I can't believe you actually love management that much to condone the above practices. I don't even think your buddy PCL will even come to your defense on this one, you're an oddball in this industry.

Just because you only understand "drivin" and not inner workings of an industry doesn't mean everyone else has to follow. Keep focusing on how many more legs you have for the day, and stop worrying that I am "embracing" common knowledge logic that is "plane" (?) dangerous.... Huh? Say what? Ok, you are just "plane" lost...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back