Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta has great DEC quarter, $2.7 Billion yearly profit, article...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And why should they release the results? So the company can say "Aha, 51 percent think pay is important? Next time let's just get a payraise just enough to make them vote yes and forget about the other stuff!"

It would be stupid to publicly release a survey showing what's most important to the pilot group so the company can use a scalpel on it to their advantage.

Bill;
Respectfully I disagree if the company saw "Wow these guys want X" how would that hurt?

Of course I mean results after the contract is signed not during negotiations.

Keeping the results secret is to protect DALPA more than us in my opinion.

Db

Bill;
Respectfully I disagree if the company saw "Wow these guys want X" how would that hurt?

Of course I mean results after the contract is signed not during negotiations.

Keeping the results secret is to protect DALPA more than us in my opinion.

Db

Bingo. Too bad bill has been brainwashed with the strange metaphor of: "in poker, we can't show our hand, even after the hand ends as they'll quickly realize if we were bluffing or not." Cue the black helicopters.
Frankly, not showing survey results keeps the spotlight from being put on the incompetent. What if 90% asked for pay restoration and all dalpa could muster was 25% of that? Better not release the survey results or our oil paintings will be sold at auction.

12.84% raise last year on the amendable date of the last contract(4% 6 months early then 8.5% on the old amendable date)....not 2+ years after the amendable date....(remember that my fellow fNWA's??) PS decrease of 1/3 on the first 2.5B...Gain of 1/3 on the amount above 2.5Bil.

Do I wish total comp was even more? You bet.

Did I make 3 to 4 times more$$$ from the raises than I lost due to the change in PS? You bet.

Last years PS check = 6% of W2
This years PS check = 8+% of W2 + 15% additional of the PS amount into the 401k(DC/DPSP) AND the W2 is 8.5% higher than 2012's(assuming same category, same hours)
Total PS payout next month(PS + DC Plan) = @ 9.5% of W2

Simple math boys. But when has that ever stopped a good rant?

Last edited:
Is what management said when you decided to voluntarily reduce your profit sharing to match what non-union FAs receive. Just wait for the millions in options being exercised over the next few weeks. Now THAT will be not bad.

There was a reduction in percentage on anything less than $2.5 billion, but an increase in percentage up to 20% for anything OVER $2.5 billion, and the profit was $2.7 billion. The trade was guaranteeing a larger pay rate, or keeping a certain percentage of profits that may or may not be there. Luckily, the DL pilots get both. The rumor is the profit sharing will be 8.3% of last years "pay advance and flight pay", compared to 6% last year that included the old formula without the cut. That means nice extra check on the 14th next month. And, the great thing is it includes a DC contribution on top of the amount at 15%.

Bye Bye---General Lee

DL is killing it, congrats to those who made it happen.

And yet another refinery loss.....and a huge income tax bump which is due to expire.

Quit putting these guys on a pedestal GL....

Last I checked, oil companies don't sell profitable refineries.

Since DAL is making money hand over fist, how about some 'early' retirement packages for those dinosaur FAs?

12.84% raise last year on the amendable date of the last contract(4% 6 months early then 8.5% on the old amendable date)....not 2+ years after the amendable date....(remember that my fellow fNWA's??) PS decrease of 1/3 on the first 2.5B...Gain of 1/3 on the amount above 2.5Bil.

Do I wish total comp was even more? You bet.

Did I make 3 to 4 times more$$$ from the raises than I lost due to the change in PS? You bet.

Last years PS check = 6% of W2
This years PS check = 8+% of W2 + 15% additional of the PS amount into the 401k(DC/DPSP) AND the W2 is 8.5% higher than 2012's(assuming same category, same hours)
Total PS payout next month(PS + DC Plan) = @ 9.5% of W2

Simple math boys. But when has that ever stopped a good rant?

DTW320;
First off these were not raises, but restoration towards what we used to make.

We are no longer in bankruptcy why are we acting like it?
Why should we give up anything?
Db

Latest resources

Back