Delta crew meals, lack thereof

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is part of the PWA.
One thing that I have noticed is that many times, if there are only say four meals and six FA's, they will give our meals to the other two, and then call up and tell us that they forgot to cater our meals.
I listen to this exchange on the inter phone and just roll my eyes. I always make sure I have something, because even if you catch them in the act they will deny it.
I will then get a call, if we are lucky, and they will tell us that all is left is the fruit and cheese platter. I will say the NYC FA's are the best, and almost never do this. It is or ATL ones that have been guilty the most.

That would have been a great time to take the opportunity to buy the most expensive thing on the menu at your layover and fill out an expense report for it because you didn't get your meal.

I've seen the exact same thing. After getting sick from more than one crew meal, I avoid them all together.

All the more reason to beware of someone you're in a pissing match with (deserved or not...) who's been alone with your food.:puke:Literally!

Exactly, sometimes it is just not worth the flight.

Also, I had a great meal to SJO, so it depends on the crew. You can generally tell in the first 10 seconds how the cabin crew will act towards you!

Always get surf and turf to SJO and an omelet or quesadilla on the way home. I haven't paid for a meal before those legs for several months!

Getting fed going to SFO tommorrow...5+35 block time on that one. Not sure what kind of grub to expect...it's typically pretty good. The cheesecake is by far my fav.

I met our flight attendants downstairs while waiting for the van in SJC. They were bragging to me how lucky I was because three out of the four of them were "in triple digits."
I could have sworn they were referring to their ages. Turns out it was their seniority. Probably both.

All the food served in an airplane is slow-death waiting to happen, keep eating that cheesecake boys! That fruit and cheese plate is probably one of the only things with any nutritional value that DAL offers. It's all rather disgusting isn't it?

JP

It goes beyond the meals. The overall lack of consideration is simply astonishing.

As we boarded the Limo for the ride to the airport I climb in and craw the farthest seat, Captain climbs behind me. He then observes in a wisper, "watch the first flight attendant, she will sit down and block the door and make the others climb over her." Sure enough, she plops down in the first seat by the door and they all climb over. To top it off, she lights a cigarette and tries to blow the smoke out the door opening.

Bags in the aisle, blocking the doors, delaying departure until we are just barely late because they have some little turf war with the Gate Agent ... and really, is it the first time a First Officer has asked for a garbage bag?

Someone tell me, if the aisle is 23 inches wide, why isn't it a occupational qualification to not have a butt that exceeds that space limitation? Thursday (DTW-ATL) I witnessed a FA knock every single aisle passenger's drink over as she tried to walk, crab style, up the aisle after a beverage service. The passengers could only crouch to the center, or try to get up and move, so she could waddle by. Not once did I hear an "I'm sorry" or "excuse me" despite several passengers who needed napkins and were trying to fix their soiled clothing.

I try to be nice, help the ladies with their cat hair covered luggage and ignore the unmitigated arrogance. Like ACL65 said, it isn't worth it. BUTT - There should be a rule. Maybe Sir Mix A Lot is hiring ... he'd like you.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3940806668555855882

Last edited:
Just wait until we get to fly with the "gorillas in the mist," fins!

I thought the DL FAs were much nicer and much better looking when I first started using DL to get me home after always riding on NW.

The grass is always greener, I suppose.

Latest resources

Back