• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta crew meals, lack thereof

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is the reason when we're running behind, I'll delay a flight to get food since we don't get fed on the long legs. If anyone tries to say anything about it, they don't have a leg to stand on at all.

Never fly hungry.

I usually brief the FA that i'll come out and use the bathroom couple times on a long flight, and hint that I'd like my steak "medium rare", cheese cake on the side. That usually sets the tone... just kidding.

Hey, Peanuckle, how's SFO? foggy? Will you be back on rsv after all the displacement? Cheers.

This is the reason when we're running behind, I'll delay a flight to get food since we don't get fed on the long legs. If anyone tries to say anything about it, they don't have a leg to stand on at all.

Never fly hungry.

That's pretty much what my philosophy is. I don't know a pilot here at UAL who at the very least confirms that our crew meals are boarded as is stipulated on every one of our trips.

If a crew meal has been negotiated in your collective bargaining agreement (anyone from Delta please chime in here), then for god's sake why on earth would you NOT make sure that it is boarded??!?

At United, even if it is boarded but found to be inedible for any reason (and there are plenty of reasons here), all we have to do is get a replacement meal (sensibly--no spending 42 bucks on breakfast), document the issue, submit our receipt along with the appropriate form and we get our reimbursement. No, not in a few days, but typically by the middle of next month's pay check. I have yet to be denied and I expensed 3 meals on my last trip alone.

As the above poster wrote, don't fly hungry. It's a physiological need. Don't take crap from any cat rancher, whoever she is or wherever she's based. Lay down the law during the preflight briefing. Done deal.

SCR

Last edited:
And yes, I will be HAPPY to delay a flight if that's what it takes me to satisfy this physiological need. If the company falls down on their contractural responsibility, I have the ability to seek self-help. I'm happy to help myself.

SCR

Latest resources

Back