• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Flying - 100 Aircraft Reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, we know customer service levels in general will IMPROVE once ASA service is reduced in the system... Nobody can argue that fact. ASA customer service/gate agents could not be worse - and it reflects badly on Mother Delta.

I, too, wanted to addresss your stupidity. That is all.

I can see I am not the only one around here who sees ACL for what a complete a-hole he truly is...

-Pride truly "goeth before the fall."
-Take heed, ACL-there is a big fat throbber somewhere out there with your name all over it-you arrogant putz.

You just do not get it. I am not placing blame on any regional pilots. All I am stating is do not fight for something that cannot help you earn more in the long run.

I am a putz though. Thanks.

My God Man! You have become completely full of yourself. Amazing how quickly it happens.

You need to understand something. Most contracted lift pilots don't want 100 seat flying and when presented with the whole story, want 76 seaters back at a legacy. Why? Because the pay is better and it is a terminal job. You get sanctimonious on a frigging rumor board and then start talking about how you can influence the MEC. YOu make it sound as though because someone had the nerve to ruffle your feather on a rumor board, you're going to take action and ruin those pilots. How juvenile is that? Grow some thicker skin and get over yourself.

Just because you now work for a legacy doesn't mean you have achieved a higher level of moral existence. It just means you now have to listen to the guys that gave up on scope and suffered the consequences. (Well, we all have lost on that one.) Now they thump their chests and talk about small and petty regional pilots and how they can never measure up to a Delta pilot. I am tired of this mentality. It is self defeating and if we all have any desire of reining in the runway scope issue, the regional guys need to learn to play ball. Sticking your nose in the air when an RJ pilot says, "Hello" is not.

1) It appears you are misinterpreting what I am say. I am stating the simple fact that to achieve what we all want, it has to go though the D-ALPA MEC. No more no less. I knew this when I worked there.

2) Trust me, DAL is great, but it is a job, and a job that I want to make better. It is not an end all be all. Yep, I said it. I love it, but it still takes me away from my family, and they are the most important thing there is.

3) My goal is to quit this end fighting. LM has it right when he "says' unity is key. How we get there is the difficult part. There are certain things that need to happen, and certain parameters in which to work.

4) I influence the MEC with my one vote as a DAL pilot, no more no less.

5) With that one vote I get to have a say. I have my opinions, bu the ugly truth is that those that are in power over here or have the "ear" of those that are, have no desire to do what many at DCI would want. They just prefer to pull the flying back. How is that for unity?

6) I knew it was a TIC post, and I used to try and explain that we are pilots and to solve pilot issues there are certain things that are set in stone. One of them is the exclusivity of negotiating with DAL management. That is D-ALPA's. It was not a slap, so do not take it as one.

7) May of you do not want the 100 seat flying or more 76 seat flying at DCi because you want to make the move like I and about 56 of your former colleagues did a few years ago, but, there are many that have opted to make DCI or ASA their career and they are fighting for exactly what you do not want. They are the ones that control your voice. Do not forget that. If that is mean spirited, so be it, but it is the truth.

CRJ567, you think I am an arrogant putz, and that is fine, but many of your colleagues that know me are very aware that I am one of a few people over here that truly sees the DCI pilot for who they are. I do not look at that job as below be. I never have and never will. I disagree that flying below my seniority is not worth my time nor effort. You sir need to take the preconceptions you have and drop them. They cloud your judgment.

Right, and they all originate right in ATL!
No, but they fly in on AirTran from the 2nd tier cities and then fly to Rome on Delta. This is called inevitability. AirTran 7% growth and profitable for the year with continued growth and profits. Whilst Delta 3-4% capacity reduction with no profits in sight. This has been the trend for the past 20 years.

it's amazing we haven't all been graced by the General and heard his all-knowing explanation.

must be his week sucking farts out of the seats for AC in heavy check. (he volunteers)

Wow, what a classic statement. You are a pulitzer prize winner for sure. The parking of 50 seaters could be seen from a mile away. They are a drain on mainline revenue, and are not efficient with higher gas. All of this along with new FAA guidlines for hiring and rest requirements due this Fall will make a lot of Regional airlines obselete and not able to compete. Hopefully that will inturn force legacies and LCCs to hire, and balance will return to this industry. BTW, you are an idiot, and you better get your degree or you will be stuck at a shrinking SKW forever. Enjoy that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee,
Any rumors on comair going bye bye and ASA/skyw getting the assests ?? just curious, take care man...

1) It appears you are misinterpreting what I am say. I am stating the simple fact that to achieve what we all want, it has to go though the D-ALPA MEC. No more no less. I knew this when I worked there............

5) With that one vote I get to have a say. I have my opinions, bu the ugly truth is that those that are in power over here or have the "ear" of those that are, have no desire to do what many at DCI would want. They just prefer to pull the flying back. How is that for unity?

7) May of you do not want the 100 seat flying or more 76 seat flying at DCi because you want to make the move like I and about 56 of your former colleagues did a few years ago, but, there are many that have opted to make DCI or ASA their career and they are fighting for exactly what you do not want. They are the ones that control your voice. Do not forget that. If that is mean spirited, so be it, but it is the truth.

Well then you have my apologies. I see or perceive a vib from ATL Delta pilots that they see a contract pilot as somehow lesser than than themselves. We are all in this together in some form or another. I don't believe there are many who begrudge a move by DALPA to pull some flying back in. Will all of it ever go, doubt it, but some of the options on the table would seem to benefit all of us over this cutting of one another's collective throats.

Additionally, I believe you are misguided on who believe is our voice. Most of us recognize the importance of a brand and its importance to the flying public as they perceive it. From my view point, it looks like a move is afoot to address this and the former issue while giving all of us caught up in the merry-go-round issue of scope a better chance at career regardless of the side of the house you work on. Hopefully for all of our future we can address these issues and move forward with companies that are economically viable and profitable.

Latest resources

Back