• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Flying - 100 Aircraft Reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh god! I hope not!....ahhh, just kidding.

Actually that would be great! then we can go back to DOH for non-rev travel and then a % merger of the seniority lists....oh darn! that'll be bad for you guys that left to go to the mother ship in the last few years...ohhhh, RELAX! I'm kidding....lighten up, would ya'!

Maybe one day pilots will stop looking down their noses at others and come together and stop the slide into the toilet....nah! Now I really AM joking! We all know that'll never happen.

I do have one serious question though.... If regional pilots and regional airlines are such a blight on the airline industry, why don't you guy's that are now high and mighty mainliners run yourselves out of the industry for having been regional tards (hence, part of the problem)?

I'm just sayin'......:D

FWIW, grouping all people in the same basket over here is short sighted.

I do not believe in something for nothing, and I realize what is at fault here, but you have to remember one important thing. You must work within the system as it is. Progress will be made, but as you know big bites of the apple sometimes cause more issues that they are worth.

I would love to do something with ASA, but there is one issue. You feed UAUA too, and my guess is that, this little point will prove problematic.

This is not directed at you, but some on here, constantly going after the mainline guys on here is not a way to score any points. Many of the guys on here are the informed ones or ones that can influence actions of our MEC. Same on our side.

In the end it is about finding a solution that restores the bargaining strength of the branded flying under one voice, and restoring the natural progression of this career. Stagnation sucks, whether you are at ASA or at DAL. There has been way to much of that. We all want to move to higher paying jobs, and the is a right way and a wrong way to do that. Fighting each other for jets is not the answer.

Remember D-ALPA has exclusivity when dealing with Delta management, and for that reason alone, it serves everyone well to align our interests.

As for pass bennies. Yep, sucked getting 10 years cuts off. Some of the non pilots that came over here got a 1 for 2 on the longevity for their bennies. Pilots did not.

I do not believe in something for nothing, and I realize what is at fault here, but you have to remember one important thing. You must work within the system as it is. Progress will be made, but as you know big bites of the apple sometimes cause more issues that they are worth.

I would love to do something with ASA, but there is one issue. You feed UAUA too, and my guess is that, this little point will prove problematic.

This is not directed at you, but some on here, constantly going after the mainline guys on here is not a way to score any points. Many of the guys on here are the informed ones or ones that can influence actions of our MEC. Same on our side.

In the end it is about finding a solution that restores the bargaining strength of the branded flying under one voice, and restoring the natural progression of this career. Stagnation sucks, whether you are at ASA or at DAL. There has been way to much of that. We all want to move to higher paying jobs, and the is a right way and a wrong way to do that. Fighting each other for jets is not the answer.

Remember D-ALPA has exclusivity when dealing with Delta management, and for that reason alone, it serves everyone well to align our interests.

As for pass bennies. Yep, sucked getting 10 years cuts off. Some of the non pilots that came over here got a 1 for 2 on the longevity for their bennies. Pilots did not.
typical....wow....take a totally tounge-in-cheek fun poke and try to tell me and all the other lowly regional pilots how far beneath you and all the "big boys" we are...dude, that double breasted jacket being so tight is gonna cause you to fall off that mighty high horse...better be careful.

typical....wow....take a totally tounge-in-cheek fun poke and try to tell me and all the other lowly regional pilots how far beneath you and all the "big boys" we are...dude, that double breasted jacket being so tight is gonna cause you to fall off that mighty high horse...better be careful.

Ohplease!, he is one of the chosen now.....You must respect his higher position in life...We are here to serve him and we belong to him and his fellow double breasted gods. We haven't "made the cut"....

Its just business, but the RJ thing is over. Time to adapt and move on.... no crying.

It's the best thing for this industry.

I can see I am not the only one around here who sees ACL for what a complete a-hole he truly is...

-Pride truly "goeth before the fall."
-Take heed, ACL-there is a big fat throbber somewhere out there with your name all over it-you arrogant putz.

Well, we know customer service levels in general will IMPROVE once ASA service is reduced in the system... Nobody can argue that fact. ASA customer service/gate agents could not be worse - and it reflects badly on Mother Delta.

We don't have any customer service/gate agents anymore, they are all DELTA or one of their contract ground service companies. Additionally, our inflight customer satisfaction is amongst the highest in the DCI portfolio actually surpassing Delta's for a month. Go back to smoking your Johnsonrod.

The 50 seat RJ will always be around in small markets. I am sorry but it doesn't make sense to fly a mainline jet into a city that only has 40 people flying out every leg.

My God Man! You have become completely full of yourself. Amazing how quickly it happens.

You need to understand something. Most contracted lift pilots don't want 100 seat flying and when presented with the whole story, want 76 seaters back at a legacy. Why? Because the pay is better and it is a terminal job. You get sanctimonious on a frigging rumor board and then start talking about how you can influence the MEC. YOu make it sound as though because someone had the nerve to ruffle your feather on a rumor board, you're going to take action and ruin those pilots. How juvenile is that? Grow some thicker skin and get over yourself.

Just because you now work for a legacy doesn't mean you have achieved a higher level of moral existence. It just means you now have to listen to the guys that gave up on scope and suffered the consequences. (Well, we all have lost on that one.) Now they thump their chests and talk about small and petty regional pilots and how they can never measure up to a Delta pilot. I am tired of this mentality. It is self defeating and if we all have any desire of reining in the runway scope issue, the regional guys need to learn to play ball. Sticking your nose in the air when an RJ pilot says, "Hello" is not.

Latest resources

Back