• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Flying - 100 Aircraft Reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We lost 25 mil so far. Not that much really. I figured it would be a lot more.

As for DAL being to big. Yes, and no. They are making moves as fast as the DCI contracts allow. Tell your management to let DAL do what they want with your contract and see how fast the fat @$ airline can move. (Not flamebait, just true) DAL has to honor contracts like any other airline.

They've been itching to get rid of Mesa/Freedom, and look how that's going for them.....

It amazes me that the Delta pilots think that if they get rid of the Regional carriers and RJ's that Delta will magically then grow and be wildly profitable! I think exactly the opposite will occur.

Seriously! Who'da thought?!

Except they cant fill the 777 up unless all the RJ's roll in from MGM, BTR, TRI, CRW, PNS, GPT and MOB, etc........

Oh I am sure the flights to Rome are chock full o' rednecks from GPT and MOB.

It amazes me that the Delta pilots think that if they get rid of the Regional carriers and RJ's that Delta will magically then grow and be wildly profitable! I think exactly the opposite will occur.

It is not about what the Delta pilots want. We will have our protections. It is about what the company wants to do, and per their words, and not at a Kool Aid Session, RJ's have their place, but their percentage of the pie is going to become more rational as the contracts can become amended.

Does that mean they will proffer us for more 76 seat jets to have something to offer the DCI carriers for early amendments? Maybe. What we choose to do will be our decision.

This is not about the pilots, (you and me), this is about gleaning the maximum efficiencies from the network, and BHM nine times a day on a RJ is not it.

As for Mesa, they are having their day in court.

This industry suxs sooo bad!!!! Pilots are pawns in this nightmare!!!!!
Oddly this is the very reason the above statement is true, pilots are the key hinge pin in the equation and fail to realize it. Instead they focus on bending over and taking it instead of controlling it. By not acknowledging that their mgmt. masters have far more to lose than they do, they allow themselves to be bent over. I hate to say it but pilots are of very average intellect but imagine themselves to be superior in many aspects of everything in life, much to their detriment. Don't believe me look at the industry. The average garbage man has more power, all because they have a little more unity.
Good luck
PBR

Wow...This guy makes millions just to tell us that filling up a 777 to Rome can make DL more money than an RJ from ATL to Montgomery?
Who'd a thunkit?
Yeah,
If that 777 is not full those expensive RJs will help fill them up, per DALs position paper from 7-8 years ago. RJs were never intended to be stand alone A/C, they were intended to draw pax from long thin routes that wouldn't support a 737, but would help to increase loads on lucrative routes/destinations. The RJ has morphed into a UnionBuster and the pilots have enabled the process.
PBR

Well, we know customer service levels in general will IMPROVE once ASA service is reduced in the system... Nobody can argue that fact. ASA customer service/gate agents could not be worse - and it reflects badly on Mother Delta.

Expect some good news for ASA shortly....Rumors of our demise have been greatly exagerated.....

Latest resources

Back