• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Flying - 100 Aircraft Reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, we know customer service levels in general will IMPROVE once ASA service is reduced in the system... Nobody can argue that fact. ASA customer service/gate agents could not be worse - and it reflects badly on Mother Delta.

You obviously haven't been around in awhile. ASA has NO customer service agents, other than FA's, and Pilots. They have been gone for over 3 years.

Trojan

Well, we know customer service levels in general will IMPROVE once ASA service is reduced in the system... Nobody can argue that fact. ASA customer service/gate agents could not be worse - and it reflects badly on Mother Delta.

Only problem is the customer service and gate agents in ATL are DELTA employees. The ASA CSAs and GAs at the outstations that did excellent work for years have been sent to the unemployment office due to cost.

I expect DAL to have 100+ seat aircraft being flown by regionals (including ASA) before the end of the decade.

That prediction is based on trend. Major airline pilots have historically sold out on scope in exchange for short term gains. I don't see any reason for that trend to stop. Major airline management has historically benefited from cost reductions of having domestic feed labor farmed out to lower cost 'regional' airlines.

The argument against regional airlines cost-effectiveness all centers around the fuel economy of 50-70 seat jets.

Put 100+ seat jets at those same regional airlines and you create a whole wonder-land of cost efficiencies.

The only trick is selling it to the DAL pilot group.

If history serves as a guide, that shouldn't be terribly difficult. Just offer small pay/benefits increases to the most senior 1/4 of the pilots and Bob's yer uncle.

What do they care? They're retiring into a sweet part-time Citation gig at your local airport in another 2 years.

Anyway...

The downward trend of labor in America and the WalMart-ization of the airlines seems pretty obvious to me....I'm not expecting the tide to turn and for jobs to get better or for the good (major airline) jobs to actually be protected.

Are you kidding me?

It sucks, many of you will froth and foam at the mouth in rage that someone actually said it...but there you go.

I guess we bought you back! :D
Oh god! I hope not!....ahhh, just kidding.

Actually that would be great! then we can go back to DOH for non-rev travel and then a % merger of the seniority lists....oh darn! that'll be bad for you guys that left to go to the mother ship in the last few years...ohhhh, RELAX! I'm kidding....lighten up, would ya'!

Maybe one day pilots will stop looking down their noses at others and come together and stop the slide into the toilet....nah! Now I really AM joking! We all know that'll never happen.

I do have one serious question though.... If regional pilots and regional airlines are such a blight on the airline industry, why don't you guy's that are now high and mighty mainliners run yourselves out of the industry for having been regional tards (hence, part of the problem)?

I'm just sayin'......:D

I expect DAL to have 100+ seat aircraft being flown by regionals (including ASA) before the end of the decade.

That prediction is based on trend. Major airline pilots have historically sold out on scope in exchange for short term gains. I don't see any reason for that trend to stop. Major airline management has historically benefited from cost reductions of having domestic feed labor farmed out to lower cost 'regional' airlines.

The argument against regional airlines cost-effectiveness all centers around the fuel economy of 50-70 seat jets.

Put 100+ seat jets at those same regional airlines and you create a whole wonder-land of cost efficiencies.

The only trick is selling it to the DAL pilot group.

If history serves as a guide, that shouldn't be terribly difficult. Just offer small pay/benefits increases to the most senior 1/4 of the pilots and Bob's yer uncle.

What do they care? They're retiring into a sweet part-time Citation gig at your local airport in another 2 years.

Anyway...

The downward trend of labor in America and the WalMart-ization of the airlines seems pretty obvious to me....I'm not expecting the tide to turn and for jobs to get better or for the good (major airline) jobs to actually be protected.

Are you kidding me?

It sucks, many of you will froth and foam at the mouth in rage that someone actually said it...but there you go.

Well my god, that is rocket science. Of course the CASM goes down if you add 25% to the capacity of a fleet. You get to spread those costs out. That is a no brainer. It is also why it is important that you hope and pray it does not happen. If it does the DCI lift once again becomes cheap and restrengthens the desire to outsource. DCI costs pay a big part in why they are slowly bringing flying back to mainline. If you ever want to fly at someplace like DAL, getting 100 seat jets flown anywhere besides mainline is not the answer.

If the 100 seat jet goes to DCI in any amount, you will not see hiring until sometime in the later part of this decade at the earliest, and probably more around the 2025 timeframe.

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!!

Are you on CRACK?!?!??! That post just shows HOW IGNORANT, clueless and out of touch with reality you are!

ASA HAS NO (ZERO, NONE, ZIP, NADA, ZILCH) customer service/gate agents in ATL or ANYWHERE ELSE for that matter!

Customer service/Gate in ATL is handled 100% BY DELTA AIRLINES AGENTS! All other stations are Pinnacle, Mesaba, Comair and Regional Elite! Delta Airlines handles 100% of our gates, ramps and baggage handling in Atlanta - where ASA operates roughly 800 flights per day!
Delta assigns the gates, boards the flights, loads the bags, pushes the aircrafts from the gates!

ASA has outranked mighty Delta Mainline in the past many Customer Satisfaction rankings!

You are a clueless, uninformed ASA HATER! Now you just look stupid.

Maybe "Mother Delta" should look in the mirror.............

You do know that ASA hasn't had any customer service/gate agents for about 2 years now right? They are all Delta employees. Where have you been?

Expect some good news for ASA shortly....Rumors of our demise have been greatly exagerated.....

No announcement yet

This is the 2nd Board you have mentioned this on. You gotta give us more than that. A hint perhaps?......come on........

Latest resources

Back