• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Flying - 100 Aircraft Reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ACL65, while it's all a good idea, it's somewhat unrealistic. The possibility of the legacy Delta ALPA head and the DCI combined ALPA head, and SkyWest Pres coming to an agreement would be very unlikely, management would likely stir pot just enough to have all of us turn against each other.

ALPA doesn't care unless dues income were to drop.

The FFD snenario will just change the rules, management, it seems, is always a step ahead, ALPA is just reactionary. Sad but true.

I bet that SKW would become ALPA real quick if it meant a DAL number. (Heck even a flow through agreement)

Flow through will not happen. There has never been a good one.

I just want to give a shout out to all my Saab friends. As I look at the fleet slowly being axed 15 at a time, I see the seniority list getting shorter and shorter. Lots of good friends flying/flew the Saabs and I wish them all the best.

Good luck guys!

The XJ flow through is much better than most.

Mesaba started to flow guys up to NWA when we were hiring, then the merger happened. We're about to see the flow start working in the upward movement in the next 6-12 months.

I do not like flows. The rest longevity, kind of work on the way up and never work on the way down. AMR is proving that they have issues working on the way up to. They are a poor substitute for unity.

The correct answer is the most difficult to achieve. It would take two or three very lengthy steps to combine all of the groups. That said, all would have to be willing. A prenup of DCI being stapled would have to be agreed to for the mainline to look at it, the DCI's would have to agree on some sort of integration prior to the stapling to the bottom of the list, and the company who controls the list would have to agree to it.
I beleive that it is possible, but not probably for one list.

To more specifically answer your question, airlines that are not ALPA would have to decide to remain independent or join ALPA to be included, and airlines flying for multiple carriers would have a tough go at it. The ugly truth is that the WO probably would be the ones integrated first, followed by the regionals that only few for DAL. In the end it is a pipe dream.

IMHO, the way the trend is going these day is to a smaller DCI footprint and with that more mainline. If that trend continues I doubt that the power people would think the effort was worth the return. Unity is important, but some see pulling the flying up as all the unity that is needed.

Like I said, lots of work would need to happen for this to make it off the ground.

Latest resources

Back