• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Connection Flying - 100 Aircraft Reduction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Enjoy the next fart you suck put of the seat cushions-toolbox!

This is a classic example of typing while on a Crack high. Pull the pipe out of your mouth (I am sure you hear that all the time) and please try to rewrite that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised at all that as Age 65 really kicks in, the mainline carriers cope with the massive attrition by migrating to an all widebody/heavy fleet doing transcontinental and transoceanic work, fed by regional carriers. The mainline guys have lost their pensions, and are working for 50 cents on the dollar. The pilots might consider getting rid of scope along with all the MD80s, 737s, and the like. The mainline guys get a pay raise, the pilot group shrinks through natural attrition, regionals grow and get 100 plus seat "regional jets" flown by guys who work for 60% of what it used to cost to run a MD or 737 on the same route.

I'm not saying it is right, and I am not saying it is smart. I am just suggesting it is possible.

[Sorry for offering up nothing really original. I got to the thread late, and didn't read all the way through before posting.]
I've said the same thing for years now (pretty easy to see the trends for a while now..50 seats, 70 seats, 76 seats, 90seats at some places....). Not saying its right either, just possible/likely.

Like someone else said earlier somewhere else, those guys in management are armed with "MBA's" while we're armed with BA's and BS's (think mentalities, not necessarily degrees...).... its not even a fair fight...not to mention the FACT they THEY are fighting TOGETHER AND we are fighting against each other......duh!

This is a classic example of typing while on a Crack high. Pull the pipe out of your mouth (I am sure you hear that all the time) and please try to rewrite that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Crack tastes a lot better than seat cushion farts, Gen!

Crack tastes a lot better than seat cushion farts, Gen!

So, do you lick a lot of crack? Is that how you were hired at ASA? What was his name? And you better watch it, since licking crack can also lead to farts probably. I bet you like that. Say hi to your mother for me.

Bye Bye---General Lee

PS---thanks for falling right into that one CRJ567----it was just too easy since you are so stupid.

IF General was KING, instead of General: Suppose DALPA recaptured all RJ flying through the General's, I mean King's royal decree! Would costs go down? NO, in the short and the long run, costs would go UP^^^^^^! Any 5th grader knows that!

Under the same scenario, would DALPA's leverage to improve Heavy Jet pay and rates increase with all those RJ and RJ replacement pilots on the list? Does it present a diluted dilema in negotiation efforts and leverage?

Does it work better the way it is today, versus the pipe dream?

From a non-complexed observation and somewhat objective perspective: It is far better for the Mainline Pilots to allow, but control, outsourcing through proper scope relief so their Company can maximize revenue and profits in that arena. This creates better financial opportunities in negotiating higher pay rates and benefits for the Mainline Heavy and Big airplane pilot working agreement. This strategy makes the DALPA pilots more money in the long run. It also makes them defacto business partners with Management. Proper and controlled Scope Relief is the equivalent of selling off small franchise rights or small licensing agreements. It creates far more opportunity to move Mainline large aircraft pay and benefits ^^^^^Up!

Think about it!

Hi!

The DC-9-3xs I flew usually burned about 3.5 per hour, perside, at FL 350 (with -9 engines).
The DC-9-34F I have been flying lately (-17 engines) burns 4.0 per hour, per side at FL 270/280 (non-RVSM).

Hi!

The DC-9-3xs I flew usually burned about 3.5 per hour, perside, at FL 350 (with -9 engines).
The DC-9-34F I have been flying lately (-17 engines) burns 4.0 per hour, per side at FL 270/280 (non-RVSM).

A CRJ900 burns about 1700-1800 pph per side in the mid/high 30's doing Mach .80

We see it the same way.

As for you last:
It I am misguided, then I am glad to hear that. I know who is where in the pecking order. My only question is do they desire to move on? At that level that question needs to be raised by those that vote for their reps. Maybe it does not matter but it did to me.

Once again, not all ATL pilots from DAL are on the same mind. The only difference in you and me is I am here and you are there. I had 10 years there, and enjoyed it. There is a lot that needs fixing, but that is not a pilot issue. That is a corporate issue.

The reasons that I left besides the obvious were simple. I saw the ASA DCI FFD Air Service agreement and knew for a fact that a lot was going to change in the next 10 years. Most of it would not be good. The regional explosion had a good run, but I saw the pendulum swinging the other way.

Good or bad, one thing you guys need to realize is that D-ALPA continually brings in the DCI MEC's to discuss strategy. IMHO, that is one of LM's strongest suits. I may not like the means or some of the ideas, but he understand that to restore the profession it cannot be a mainline exclusive campaign. It take everyone, you, me, them and us.

What I want is a pipe dream, and realize that. I want what you state. A Delta pilot flying every Delta coded flight. I would further like to see all pilots flying Delta passengers brought in to the fold. I know reality would dictate that a pre-nup would have to be agreed to prior to a push for this. I also know that the DCI carriers involved would need to agree on a seniority agreement before it came to mainline to work on the DCI mainline agreement*. I know just how tall of an order that is. (Pref-ALPA carriers only, but that is me)

The only solution is with a unified front, and I know that includes you. It has not worked the other way, has it? Does that clear up my position? :D

**CRJ567, I get tired saying this stuff to you.

I am also a realist and realize that the reality is that the easiest solution is to keep the cost up at DCI in an effort to starve the motivation for said flying. In that process the flying would return to mainline. As many say over here. We have the rates for the jets.

It has also been rumored that Mesaba's 900 rates will be more than those that are in our Current PWA. What do you think that means?

* It has been argued that the SLI of DCI would have to be All WO carriers or all DCI ALPA carriers for it to gain traction, and that we could not do it one by one.

ACL- wisely said. I agree with you that for our best strategy to work, the mainline pilots and DCI pilots would need to work together in towards an unprecedented measure. However, I'm afraid that our own self established social classes prohibit this- i.e. one unified brand of flying. Simple truth is that anything less than a staple or merge is a complete waste of time, effort, resources, and most of all, money. Unfortunately, all I can do is stand here and shake my head at the current state of mainline/regional cooperation towards bettering this career.

Jumpers. I am all for looking at a staple/merge again. I think it will serve us wisely. Convince the correct people to dump the bad blood.

Latest resources

Back