Delta attendance policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WDE

Got the invite email, but a little concerned with 1 sick and 2 out of positions in last year. I definitely will fess up, but does this probably finish my interview. Thanks for serious responses. On both out of positions, I continued to base and flew later in that day. Thanks

Who cares. Do you really think they're only hiring perfect people? Trust me, they're not. Just do your best. After that? Funk it.

Personally, I think it's just a character test. A potential new-hire will see something like that and will understandably freak out. Now it's time to decide whether to give the answer you think they WANT to hear, or the answer that is honest. Admitting you actually called in sick one day and admitting you didn't make it to your duty start in time on a couple occasions will probably work in your favor. Stating that you never called in sick or never missed a trip may cause a "yeah right, this guy's lying" reaction.

However, I could be wrong.

Got the invite email, but a little concerned with 1 sick and 2 out of positions in last year. I definitely will fess up, but does this probably finish my interview. Thanks for serious responses. On both out of positions, I continued to base and flew later in that day. Thanks

First, let them bring it up. Don't volunteer information.

If they bring it up: 1) Calling in sick once a ear is hardly a big deal. If you were sick, you were sick.

2) Delta has a call in honest policy. As long as there were at least two flights, with seats on them 24 hours prior to their departure-including a jumpseat, which depart 2 or more hours apart from each other, both of which bring you to your base prior to report, you are covered. No fault.

If your company has a similar policy, it should be no problem. If they don't, and the interviewer brings it up, you have no choice but to fess up. Find some way to explain it, and that you've learned from it- eg "I moved to my base and will always live in my base from now on as I am apparently a lousy commuter"

Do not lie and have a good attitude. Those are about the only things that will not get you a job or get you fired at Delta.

That is a question which I think is illegal to ask. At least the part about being sick. And the being late part you can lie about unless you went into the boss's office and signed off on disciplinary action.

I wouldn't sweat it. I had several sick calls in the previous year and they hired me. I don't think they expect a perfect record. Just be honest when they ask. Don't worry about it too much. Good luck to you.

I missed 14ish days at my regional job the prior year, and still got hired at DL. I was up front and gave them a reasonable answer about the missed work, and how I was trying to live a healthier lifestyle now, not having too many irons in the fire, etc. They seemed more concerned about not calling off in the middle of a trip, or a short notice sick call. Just be forthcoming, but I would think ONLY missing one day, you are in the top tier of attendandance #'s.

Thanks to all, just tad bit of paranoia about doing the right thing, I'm driving my wife crazy already.

Latest resources

Back