Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta asks employees to help pay for Fuel!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airboss

-from the Delta intranet.

Fund to help pay for fuel September 9, 2005

The Executive Board of the Delta Pioneers has voted to establish a fund through the Delta Employees Credit Union that will be used only for fuel. Anyone may make a donation of any amount. Deductions from pensions, paychecks, savings and checking may be set up through the DECU. Individual donations also are welcome. Checks should be payable to the Delta Pioneers Inc.

You know, Southwest did the same thing in 1991, and again shortly after the 9/11 attacks. And you know what? Employees did it, because they had trust that their management knew what it was doing.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out for Delta. :D :D :D

Sounds like a joke but if not how about any or all these ideas to help raise cash?

Employee Bake Sale

Employee Car Wash

Sell candy or cookies

Stand at busy intersections with buckets and get change from the passersby

Problem solved. See all those courses at Moe, Larry, and Curly's college of biz mismanagement weren't a waste of time.

I got some ideas:

1) Hawk "lost-and-found" items on eBay. Then Delta can layoff a few employees and raise badly-needed cash.

2) Charge employees for parking.

3) Make a few turns in a hold, then pass the hat so passengers can chip in for fueling-up at a divert airport.

Maybe I shoulda been an airline exec!

Do you know how to read???? Delta PIONEERS - Not Delta Inc.

Airboss said:
-from the Delta intranet.

Fund to help pay for fuel September 9, 2005

The Executive Board of the Delta Pioneers has voted to establish a fund through the Delta Employees Credit Union that will be used only for fuel. Anyone may make a donation of any amount. Deductions from pensions, paychecks, savings and checking may be set up through the DECU. Individual donations also are welcome. Checks should be payable to the Delta Pioneers Inc.

Another great title to a thread! No big surprise that people on this board would jump to conclusions and use a ridiculously misleading title.... Do you know what the Delta Pioneers organization is? My understanding is that it is a group of retirees - but I could be wrong. We are not talking about Delta Airlines management in this case - right? It's nice to know that some external organization is trying to help the situation... Although, it may be too late because I think Chap. 11 is right around the corner. It's time to restructure that debt....

Yet another misleading title to a thread.... People need to read the fine print. Lame!!!!!

sandman2122 said:
Doesn't sound like the Delta employess "trust" anything management does.

Sadly, that's pretty much the case lately. However, the Delta Poineers are a group of retirees, older people who perhaps have memories of a different Delta and are still operating in that frame of mind; sometimes these good feelings die hard. It's obviously a token gesture with good intent but is pretty hard to believe. I wouldn't be too hard on them. It's difficult to see what has become of a once great airline after giving them your working lifetime.

You may remember many years ago when the DL employees bought a 767 out of their own pockets. I can remember the prevailing attitude back then was you were a bed-wetting, communist child molester if you didn't kick in.

Things sure have changed...

Latest resources

Back