• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and UAL might be de-certifying ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also, last time I checked, 35% signed cards triggers a referendum vote, but as GL/OYS says "I may be wrong".

It's only 35% if you don't already have a union. If you already have a union, then it takes 50% +1 to trigger a vote for new representation. Not only that, but the signed cards expire after a year, so many of the DPA's cards are expiring already, and they'll need to collect new ones.

Especially since the God King has publicly stated that, due to losses, a pay adjustment may be coming...

I think you need to get your med prescription refilled.

We are the same feeder rats, so I am guessing that applies to you also.

PS that was not a nice to say and I take offense to it.

Hey Jackhole....

You notice nobody is taking your flamebait? Go back to wishing you were at Delta! (or at least telling your friends and family you are a Delta pilot)

So I am a jack hole. I say anything about Delta I get a warning. I guess the moderator does not say anything to the Delta pilots.

Big man saying stuff when I am not allowed to say anything back.

There is cause and affect in what we post. Being called a name for your views is completely within the terms of service. I would rather not have moderation references in the middle of a thread. Thank you.

Hey Jackhole....

You notice nobody is taking your flamebait? Go back to wishing you were at Delta! (or at least telling your friends and family you are a Delta pilot)

I am not wishing anything. Read the side of my aircraft. Hopefully we will be one list someday.

I think it takes 50 or 51 percent to generate the vote. Not sure but that's what I have heard. DAPA has 4200 signed cards about now so at 6000-ish we can vote.

I bet it happens. Especially if this next contract falls a little short of expectation.

Hopefully ALPA comes through. These DPA guys and the 4000 or so supporters does put a bit of extra pressure on ALPA, but maybe that is needed. It has a lot of support here in DTW and also MSP I understand. Someone did tell me ATL has a following too.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Hopefully ALPA comes through. These DPA guys and the 4000 or so supporters does put a bit of extra pressure on ALPA, but maybe that is needed. It has a lot of support here in DTW and also MSP I understand. Someone did tell me ATL has a following too.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

I agree with you. Hopefully Delta keeps ALPA. They're worth every penny I give them.

And I'd argue that you're wrong. Even without fuel hedges (essentially where we're at now), SWA STILL makes a profit every quarter while paying the highest rates to its employees. How do you explain that?

SWAPA actually works with SWA instead of against the company. That's the main difference between SWAPA and ALPA (or whomever). We work more efficiently, knowing that as the company does well, WE do well in return. Our last few contracts (and extensions) were heavily weighted towards profitability raises, and that's when we leapfrogged all the legacies moving downwards. And ALL of those profitability raises were based on operating profits OUTSIDE of any fuel hedge gain or loss. The fuel hedge gains in those days just padded the company's bottom line. Flying profits alone padded the pilots' bottom line. It really is just that simple, regardless of whatever stupid thing OYS says about Q3, culture, Airtran or Lubbock.

Bubba

Sorry Bubba, I think you have it backwards. ALPA pilots have been working with the company for decades and the companies have been sticking it to the pilots in return. The management at most ALPA carriers are vastly different than at SoutWest, ie. they have no intention of running a good airline with motivated employees. SouthWest has a totally different employee/management culture than ALPA carriers and I am pretty sure it doesn't depend on the pilots initiating Luv.:D

Latest resources

Back