• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta and UAL might be de-certifying ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always felt a unified voice is good but we don't have to be part of ALPA to get this done. I think our own, unified voice would be more efficient!

Btw, old or recent news about the judgement for the TWA pilots against ALPA? What's going on with that?

I always felt a unified voice is good but we don't have to be part of ALPA to get this done. I think our own, unified voice would be more efficient!

Agreed. I'm surprised by this a little because throughout the years UAL and Delta have done very well with ALPA. I guess the CAL MEC created some problems with the profit sharing issue.

The Delta whiners have threatened this on and off for years, but have no track record of providing real gains for the pilots outside of ALPA. Opportunists look to hijack that which pilots are apathetic about.

Don't let 'em.

The Delta whiners have threatened this on and off for years, but have no track record of providing real gains for the pilots outside of ALPA. Opportunists look to hijack that which pilots are apathetic about.

Don't let 'em.

Most of the opposition consists of FNWA pilots, and now a large bunch in ATL, all wanting to not be managed into expectations. The total number of guys who have signed a card to force a vote supposedly was at around 4000, and I think they need about half to force a vote to change unions. I really hope ALPA succeeds in getting a better next contract, but the guys I fly with now in DTW are skeptical. Here's to hoping they come through with something everyone can accept.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Most of the opposition consists of FNWA pilots, and now a large bunch in ATL, all wanting to not be managed into expectations. The total number of guys who have signed a card to force a vote supposedly was at around 4000, and I think they need about half to force a vote to change unions. I really hope ALPA succeeds in getting a better next contract, but the guys I fly with now in DTW are skeptical. Here's to hoping they come through with something everyone can accept.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Of course they are OYS. Open your eyes. Good luck with your big payraise and putting all those RJ's back in the barn.

RF

ALPA is only as stong as it's airline based membership. It doesn't matter what name is on the union door if you're not willing to fight, bleed, and sweat a little. ALPA's, Dalpa's, NPA's, USAPA's wands are no more magical than the rest. And if you're referencing SWAPA and their "success", I'd have to argue that the fuel hedges they enjoyed over the past decade had FAR more to do with their pilots abilities to prosper than their union EVER did.

Of course they are OYS. Open your eyes. Good luck with your big payraise and putting all those RJ's back in the barn.

RF

And SWAPA did well for you in your merger? They did terrible. They had to have the "big guns" come in and give a talk because the union couldn't get it done on their own. Then you didn't get a payraise at all, no stock, and then you alienated 1700 new "brothers." GREAT JOB SWAPA. They couldn't negotiate out of a paper bag. I am surprised you aren't begging for ALPA. All you got was 800 Airtran guys put in front of you, with huge stagnation coming up because of the lack of growth. Your new planes will replace old ones. Oh yeah, you might get a HNL flight, whooopie! Nah, you'll still be doing ELP to AUS.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Latest resources

Back