Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta acquisition of NWA almost finalized!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can tell you that I did the math of NWA and DAL before coming here. I was still better off at DAL (total package) than I was a NWA. That was with all of the retirements.
I will retire in the top 20 here or there. Still be be in the top 30 no matter how the SLI goes. Ultimate career expectations for the bottom dwellers will be the same either way.
What your argument is, is that you would have gotten your fourth strip before me. I doubt that. Yes, 52% of your list retires in the next ten years. Ours takes three to four years longer. So what you are now back on is Dynamic Seniority.
I can tell you this, if you go with what you propose, you will move 50% in ten years, and then 45% in the next 7. Giving you 20+ in the top 5%. No one not even the arbitrators would go for that. It is quite a bump. In the near term and the long term. You win and everyone else would suffer for it.

I am not in to getting in to petty matches. We all voted for or against the process that is about to start on Thursday. We will all live and die by it. Arguments will be made, for and against each of us. What I propose is let the elected officials with whom we have granted "trust" sling the mud. I much prefer to deal with the cards once we show our hands, and move on. Pi$$ing about this now and in the future will just make this job more of a pain. I tust that one way or another I will be sharing a cockpit with many of you in the ensuing years. I would pefer to not deal with this. Sports, women, boats, and property acquisitions are much more fun to talk about, then how we all got screwed.

I compared that it will take me four and a half years to longer, but then I move up quicker than you do from 2022-2035. I stay in the top 100 or so until my last five years, then it is top 25.
Also remember that I am almost a decade older than you. They individuals that are 25-28 that are senior to me fare even better than I do. Actually better than you do. (Yes, I have run their numbers)

One of your former co-workers is here, so I can make an exact comparison, to you Super. It is not a guesstimate.

These threads are sounding a lot like USAIR and AWA.
Can not wait til the list comes out and a 1998 hire finds himself junior to a 2007 hire. Guess who will be furloughed first?
DOH with fences and protections for your bases and equipment is the only fair way. That way someone that was hired many years after you can not go and steal someone elses job in their original base.
Look at how AMR and UAL look now and how dynamic a seniority list can be. Senior one day, junior the next and maybe suddenly senior again based on economics, luck or management desicions . Taking a snapshot of an SNL is wrong and does not take into account how this industry always changes and how SNL's can change in just a few years. Just look at how UAL and AMR lists look compared to a few years ago.

M

Fact is that at my retirement date I am over 220 number senior to where you would be on the same date.

Now I just put a ratio based on most senior equipment bid in to my excel program and the fact is that you end up more senior (less numbers between us) than you do on DOH by a long shot. (About 400 numbers less in the combined company)
Save your breath I do not need the dynamic seniority deal.

Man, we got some pretty young pilots here. Anybody over 40?

M

DOH affects the Dead zone of our list. Ala flush, so it is a non starter. I can see that at the bottom but not anywhere above the 75th%.

Thanks for outing me for the "old fart" I am. Thanks to all the Red wine & running, the Doc says I should hold up like Heffner.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back