Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta acquisition of NWA almost finalized!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It really depends on the back fill needed in the NYC 88A position.
I myself only have eight people that have bid it senior to me. That is total.

having an aircraft fence for 5 yrs or so, with a DOH or close ratio mix after the merger is complete is a fair way to go. That way any DAL or NWA pilot wont be bumped from there current aircraft since they already hold it, unless they bid off it to something else, then seniority will allow who ever to take that spot. You cant say that a 10yr NWA DC9 reserve FO, who flies that aircraft for QOL or for the scehdule, should be junior to a 2yr DAL 767 line holder. The aircraft your currently flying does not always refelct your overall seniority. If every pilot for DAL and NWA used seniority to fly the biggest equipment in the highest paying seat all the bottom pilots at DAL would probally be in the MD88 jfk/atl and the NWA pilots in the dc9 dtw/msp

Last edited:
12 ahead of me for 88A, although I'm not bidding it. Bill, I agree that it is unlikely. But I would have thought it unlikely that I'd be a lineholder on the 767 in October out of ATL.

Kinda hard to think of some of us as "newbie's" after all, we aren't that young, or new.

Well the fact is that to you need to understand how the list are rationalized for the SLI.
It is generally done with everyone being put in the most senior position they can hold with out using bases. That means that the new hires that are line holders on all of the "premium widebody flying" are in essence 73NB or M88B. The first 73 or so new hires have enough people below them that they would be considered 737 FO's. The rest are M88 FO's, as most of your new hires are 742 FE's and few may be DC-9 FO's.
Trust me that I if this goes the way that I think it will, the first few classes at DAL (Through May '07) will have more seniority than the rest of the new hires a few months after them. That would be ratio by equipment and using pre JPWA pay rates et al.

having an aircraft fence for 5 yrs or so, with a DOH or close ratio mix after the merger is complete is a fair way to go.
OK, but in you scenario, what happens to the 9 year DC9 FO when the DC9 fleet gets drawn down?

The NWA pilots are all worried about when things go the other way, I share their concern. 5 year fence for furloughs?

I still like my "Fair Plan." Most of the NWA pilots did too.

If the DC9 starts to leave within 5yrs or the fence time, they bid what they can hold without displacing a DAL pilot safe under the fence unless they bid off the aircraft, likewise if DAL removes some aircraft.

This is - I like your idea.​

Last edited:
Mental Masturbation at its best. My crystal ball is in the mail, once it comes in I will let you know whats going to happen! :cool:

Serious note: Chief Pilot told me yesterday that from what he is hearing, DCC is within 6 weeks. FWIW

Last edited:
That is probably a good rumor. Maybe. I think it will occur before Nov 23rd either way.
Was it Tim your MSP guy or the DTW one?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back