• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 717's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I fully understand 'global'. You need more than one fleet type, that's a given. Five, even six would work. Ten is insane and a huge drag on the bottom line. (read 10 training events for 1 retirement). Parts? Forget about it.

How do you know there will be 10 training events for every retirement? Do you really think they'll have 8,000 training events per year 10 years from now when 800 guys hit 65?

Hey dummy, what % of pilots hold 777 CA vs 73 ca at SWA? Bet you love making 100K less than your buds at SWA.

Hey dummy, first of all, the 744, 777, A330, and 764 make more per hour than your 737, and the 757/767 passes it in 2015. Then, how many SWA FOs will still be FOs for years with fewer retirements scheduled for years? DL will retire 700 or more per year for a few in a row at the end of this decade. That will cause huge upward movement, while SWA stagnates. And DL will pay more at the same time, with Greenslips handed out due to lack of pilots. You lose idiot. Btw, my friends at SWA are FOs, and they are considering DL when hiring starts because their upgrades were bumped a few more years due to the AT merger. DL's VP of Flt Ops stated they could hire 7000 in the next decade.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Hey dummy, first of all, the 744, 777, A330, and 764 make more per hour than your 737, and the 757/767 passes it in 2015.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GENERAL CHEESE,

Here we go again! You are accidentally distorting the deails to back up your bull$^%&. I will type slowly so you can u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d. The higher $$$/hr at Mother Delta still adds up to a s-m-a-l-l-e-r payecheck.

10 YR FOs:

Yes, in the 747/777/787 you make more PER HR. 767-4 and 330 by $1.

747/777 is $157. Multiplied by 85/month is $13,300.
787 is $151. Multiplied by 85/month is $12,800.
767-4/330 is $149. Multiplied by 85/month is $12,665.

***Newsflash*** IF YOU COMBINE ALL YOUR 747s AND YOUR 777s AND YOUR 787s, AND YOUR 767-4s: ITS A WHOPPING 55 AIPLANES.

Nice job hauling passengers to Africa for $1 more per hr that we haul folks to LBB!! Your negotiatiors must be really, really proud of themselves!

Speaking of negotiating. Seems like the pilots who fly the smaller planes really got the shaft. Looks like all the $$$ is going to the SubCommanders who fly the top 55 coolest planes? Smells ALPA-ee to me.

JUST FOR FUN:

DAL 737-7 and -8 = $126. Multiplied by 85/month $10,710.

SWA 737-3-5-7-8 = $148. Multiplied by 85/month $12,580. I must say though that our Oct lines when bulit AVERAGE 95 ($14,060.) Our Comapany-wide average looking back after we tinker with our lines is 107 ($15,835.)

Then there is that little monthly intangible we have here at ole Southwestern Trailways - STABILITY AND SECURITY. Bet you would have bought some of that (and not paid for it) over the last decade if it were for sale?

Spend some time in LBB, those ole boys will learn you a few things about how to treat others, telling the truth, and keeping your word.

Keep your head in the sand.

Enjoy the riots in Africa!!

ps. Thanks for helping me blow some time on my rainy day. I honestly and sincerely hope DAL makes $1,000/hr on all aircraft on your next contract. I hope you get your 7000 new hires, and that you are the launch customer for the Boeing 797-9. Our companies are light years apart on all aspects except for flying airplanes. You bash SWA constantly, and almost everything you say is wrong. You are like the 51 year old drunk guy at the end of a bar that came to watch the football game also. After 5 beers, he wont shut the F$#K up, and you want to knock his teeth out and wash them down with some Coors Banquet. But you don't do it because it's a waste of good beer!

I imagine being a childish prick here helps you swollow what had become of Delta between 1998 and 2008. From industry leading EVERYTHING to Tail End Charlie. That must suck! I bet having hundreds or even thousands of furloughs, massive pay cuts, massive downgrades, and a managerial merry-go-round causes huge stress due to the unknown. Looks like DAL has started to turn the corner. That is AWESOME as you like to say.

You provide some good info here which proves you can be an adult and contribute to a conversation, but instead you choose to be a little b!tch every chance you get.

We have all found a tolerable way to put beans on the table. :beer:;)

Last edited:
***Newsflash*** IF YOU COMBINE ALL YOUR 747s AND YOUR 777s AND YOUR 787s, AND YOUR 767-4s: ITS A WHOPPING 55 AIPLANES.

***Newsflash*** You forgot the 32 A330's that pay the same as the 767-4's. So a WHOPPING 87 "AIPLANES". Also, just for fun, don't forget that since those "AIPLANES" only fly international, add $4.50/hr to the rates for that 10 year FO. So, 1/1/13 pay = $175/hr for 777/747, and $164/hr for 764/330.

Enjoy your 107 hrs/month. You can have that s#@t.

You must have a LOT of "rainy days"...

. Delta is a global megacarrier with a need for different aircraft for different missions.

Would you advise Lufthansa or Air France to operate a single fleet type?

So, the only choice is 'one of everything' like Delta, or only one type ? How about a rationalized fleet ?

Air France, and Lufty are both losing gobs of money. They are both classic examples of "global mega carriers", with too much debt and too many types. Sound familiar ?

Last edited:
Emerits will blow DELTA away in the global markets. Service and all. GL you sound like a little kid. You will be a captain some day it's ok. No stress.;)

GENERAL CHEESE,

Here we go again! You are accidentally distorting the deails to back up your bull$^%&. I will type slowly so you can u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d. The higher $$$/hr at Mother Delta still adds up to a s-m-a-l-l-e-r payecheck.

10 YR FOs:

Yes, in the 747/777/787 you make more PER HR. 767-4 and 330 by $1.

747/777 is $157. Multiplied by 85/month is $13,300.
787 is $151. Multiplied by 85/month is $12,800.
767-4/330 is $149. Multiplied by 85/month is $12,665.

Nice job hauling passengers to Africa for $1 more per hr that we haul folks to LBB!! Your negotiatiors must be really, really proud of themselves!

Speaking of negotiating. Seems like the pilots who fly the smaller planes really got the shaft. Looks like all the $$$ is going to the SubCommanders who fly the top 55 coolest planes? Smells ALPA-ee to me.

JUST FOR FUN:

DAL 737-7 and -8 = $126. Multiplied by 85/month $10,710.

SWA 737-3-5-7-8 = $148. Multiplied by 85/month $12,580. I must say though that our Oct lines when bulit AVERAGE 95 ($14,060.) Our Comapany-wide average looking back after we tinker with our lines is 107 ($15,835.)

Then there is that little monthly intangible we have here at ole Southwestern Trailways - STABILITY AND SECURITY. Bet you would have bought some of that (and not paid for it) over the last decade if it were for sale?

Spend some time in LBB, those ole boys will learn you a few things about how to treat others, telling the truth, and keeping your word.

Keep your head in the sand.

Enjoy the riots in Africa!!

ps. Thanks for helping me blow some time on my rainy day. I honestly and sincerely hope DAL makes $1,000/hr on all aircraft on your next contract. I hope you get your 7000 new hires, and that you are the launch customer for the Boeing 797-9. Our companies are light years apart on all aspects except for flying airplanes. You bash SWA constantly, and almost everything you say is wrong. You are like the 51 year old drunk guy at the end of a bar that came to watch the football game also. After 5 beers, he wont shut the F$#K up, and you want to knock his teeth out and wash them down with some Coors Banquet. But you don't do it because it's a waste of good beer!

I imagine being a childish prick here helps you swollow what had become of Delta between 1998 and 2008. From industry leading EVERYTHING to Tail End Charlie. That must suck! I bet having hundreds or even thousands of furloughs, massive pay cuts, massive downgrades, and a managerial merry-go-round causes huge stress due to the unknown. Looks like DAL has started to turn the corner. That is AWESOME as you like to say.

You provide some good info here which proves you can be an adult and contribute to a conversation, but instead you choose to be a little b!tch every chance you get.

We have all found a tolerable way to put beans on the table. :beer:;)

Whatajoke,

Nice diatribe. You don't know what individual pilots make. You just don't. Some trade trips for more cash, some want to fly low. The INTL widebody guys also get additional money for INTL override, which is not reflected in the pay scale, and more per diem. Also, the INTL widebodies have more pilots per plane than your 737s, because the flights are longer, and layovers longer. And you convienently forgot that the thousands of 757/767 pilot will beat your rates by 2015, and with INTL override and per diem probably already do. Heck, you just forgot? You lose, you do. Not all of your guys get the top pay, especially during your slow periods.

One more thing, DL pilots get additional money every paycheck via a DC fund. (guys who dont actually get a pension (FNWA senior pilots)). It isn't their own 401K, it's separate. There is a 2% matching with the 401K, but then there is an additional 11% (soon to be 12%) of whatever they make into a separate account. You guys have to contribute 9% before you get a match. That means you take home 9% less to get that match. Not at DL. You can contribute zero on your own and still get 13%, soon to be 14%. So, add the 13% and you really lose. The only way to compare accurately is posted payrates, because not everyone flies the max. Sorry.

And I still haven't been to Africa, but you go to LBB. With consolidation occurring, there will be fewer legacies, meaning stronger legacies who can keep fares higher, also thanks to your own fare hikes. Enjoy stagnation.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Emerits will blow DELTA away in the global markets. Service and all. GL you sound like a little kid. You will be a captain some day it's ok. No stress.;)

Emirates (that is how you spell it) mainly flies people to India and Pakistan via Dubai from the States. People don't go to Europe, South America, or Asia from here via Dubai. Too far. So, they do well to Dubai and those other countries, but not really others. Some countries have already restricted their flying because it has hurt their own national airlines. Canada restricts Emirates to 3 flights a week to Toronto on a 380. Germany and France restrict them to a certain number of cities per country. I don't think they will be able to place 90 A380s and 100 777-300ERs places if other countries start to restrict them too. It might happen here if certain people were in the White House. We'll see...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
So, the only choice is 'one of everything' like Delta, or only one type ? How about a rationalized fleet ?

Air France, and Lufty are both losing gobs of money. They are both classic examples of "global mega carriers", with too much debt and too many types. Sound familiar ?

LH is profitable http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...-half-profit-28-as-cost-cuts-take-effect.html

I agree to some extent. A rationalized fleet would be all-Boeing or all-Bus to start with. Something like CAL had pre-merger. But US legacies, DAL and NWA in particular, have historically disliked fleet discipline and gone on shopping sprees for used aircraft when they're in the mood. Some of DAL's purchases in the 90's under Mullen were pretty stupid.

Sometimes opportunities present themselves that look good in the short run (a great deal on 717's or 737-900ER's) but will become expensive in the long run.

Ten years from now I'd like to see DAL have:

:cool:777-300's (to replace the whales) and 777-200's
:cool:Either the 787 or A350
:cool:And a narrowbody domestic fleet consisting solely of (preferably) A320neo series or 737max series aircraft.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back