• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta 717's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Red had a double volcano event after that bad quesadilla at the LBB hotel bar.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Awesome response General. Here's some actual facts for you...

Haven't been to LBB in more than two years.

Did two legs yesterday, two today and one tomorrow. Sorry if it that doesn't fit into your anti-SW spin.

I love it when a DL pilot comes on here and refute the General's BS, just as they did during the contract vote. (Thanks for the actual DL facts)

SW will save more than 300 million a year with the 717 deal by itself. Maintaining a single fleet type is a huge advantage and Gary knows it. Anderson? Not so much. One fleet type vs. Ten.

Maintaining a single fleet type is a huge advantage and Gary knows it. Anderson? Not so much. One fleet type vs. Ten.

You are comparing apples and oranges. SWA is a low-cost domestic airline. A single fleet type makes perfect sense. Delta is a global megacarrier with a need for different aircraft for different missions.

Would you advise Lufthansa or Air France to operate a single fleet type?

I fully understand 'global'. You need more than one fleet type, that's a given. Five, even six would work. Ten is insane and a huge drag on the bottom line. (read 10 training events for 1 retirement). Parts? Forget about it.

Refinery? I'd say the jury is still out on that one Juan. Transporting the crude from the land-locked midwest to a refinery in Philly is going to be an interesting proposition to watch. People that work in the refinery business for over 50 years couldn't make money there, but I'm sure Delta will. As far as Southwest goes, 40+ years of profits every single year. Delta? Well, you know..

Anderson fixed his short term 50-seat re-engine problem and obviously he just can't cut fleet type whenever he wants to. But I'm sure it's on his radar. It's a big elephant in the room that will take time to work through all those leases. Big holdover from the merger.

Last edited:
I fully understand 'global'. You need more than one fleet type, that's a given. Five, even six would work. Ten is insane and a huge drag on the bottom line. (read 10 training events for 1 retirement). Parts? Forget about it.

Refinery? I'd say the jury is still out on that one Juan. Transporting the crude from the land-locked midwest to a refinery in Philly is going to be an interesting proposition to watch. People that work in the refinery business for over 50 years couldn't make money there, but I'm sure Delta will. As far as Southwest goes, 40+ years of profits every single year. Delta? Well, you know..

So, you're smarter than DL management in regards to fleet types? 5,6,7 is OK, but 10 is insane? Lol. Do you realize that many of their aircraft are bought used and refurbed? How much capital do you think they saved by buying used? Maybe enough to offset increased training events? How about the $Billion in bag fees, economy comfort fees, F fares, Skyclub revenues, international cargo revenues, Amex revenues, international business class fares, onboard wifi, food and booze revenues....(none of which SWA has).
Please tell us you didn't put ALL of your delta beat down hopes on pilot training events????

Not smarter than DL management. Read my post again. It's a holdover from the merger. I'm sure Anderson will cut it back when he can. It's not easy to dump an entire fleet type overnight (unless you can get someone to sublease). Do you ever read 8k, 10k or 10Q reports? Listen to conference calls? I do all the time to run my investment portfolio. It's all in there. Take a look.

Red.....cut the BS....nobody with any real portfolio holds AIRLINE STOCKS!

Tossing the flag......and really? who cares except you and all your SWA pals who hang on every Delta thread as if you didn't get hired here or something.....give it a rest.

I'm a NYC 7ER A, have an 86:45 month with 16 days off. Came back from Shannon on the 1st, just got back from ACC today, have a 3 day domestic coming up, a 6 day AMS-BOM-AMS, and a 3 day domestic transition pairing on the 30th. GL, we don't stay at any resorts in Africa. Certainly not in ACC or DKR.

Looking at your trips, you are junior in NYC (so bad example), you get what you bid pal!

I'm a NYC 7ER A, have an 86:45 month with 16 days off. Came back from Shannon on the 1st, just got back from ACC today, have a 3 day domestic coming up, a 6 day AMS-BOM-AMS, and a 3 day domestic transition pairing on the 30th. GL, we don't stay at any resorts in Africa. Certainly not in ACC or DKR.

That's funny, my bud on the 777 says Joberg is a nice hotel downtown with great tours for safaris. And would you say Dubai is technically in Africa? Apparently that hotel is very nice. But I don't bid ACC or DKR, and never have, so you know more about those. I do either 3 day trips to either DUS or STR from ATL, 6 day trips routing through AMS or CDG, or long Asia trips usually via Honolulu to a few cities in Japan. You NYC guys probably don't see many of those. Enjoy Africa.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That's funny, my bud on the 777 says Joberg is a nice hotel downtown with great tours for safaris. And would you say Dubai is technically in Africa? Apparently that hotel is very nice. But I don't bid ACC or DKR, and never have, so you know more about those. I do either 3 day trips to either DUS or STR from ATL, 6 day trips routing through AMS or CDG, or long Asia trips usually via Honolulu to a few cities in Japan. You NYC guys probably don't see many of those. Enjoy Africa.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey dummy, what % of pilots hold 777 CA vs 73 ca at SWA? Bet you love making 100K less than your buds at SWA.

Latest resources

Back