Delay of 9E/XJ/9L list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still at it hu?

Is there a dispute between what JH and his boys want to call a DOH and what Mesaba and JM want to call it? Yes. Does it matter? Not really, because Bloch sounds like he's good to go. We do dispute the continued and obvious errors in your own list. I swear every time I hear about your list its like watching an old football bloopers reel. "Yeah apparently DOB for one guy is 2010," (not DOH, DOB) and "Yeah, he wasn't on any of the lists, now he is." Fumble fumble fumble.

Hunter and friends are having a tough time typing and error checking apparently. Don't worry though, the XJ merger committee is holding their hands just like the XJ negotiating did through the JCBA. Of course I know you believe it's all our fault and all your company's fault, however the fact remains we were still waiting around for a correct list that JH was suppose to maintain himself as the process laid out. In retrospect, JH probably understands now that not maintaining his own list, and just letting the company do it wasn't his smartest move.

It sounds like JH is FINALLY done with the list. Of course if we'd been CC'ed in sooner rather than later (when Bloch told your committee to send us the list), we'd probably be done two days ago. Friday we may have a list, or maybe we'll just be told to get another one together for Monday. If you do talk to your reps please advise them to CC us in so we can get to work right away doing JH and your committee's job for them.

For your reference, it does sound like we will keep "disputing" your list whenever it has errors.

This will get done eventually, until then we will continue error checking each list that comes out, and finding errors. I know you'd rather we didn't, but we are going to. That's just what responsible reps do.

At first JH and the game of a million lists was disappointing, then it was comical, now we are all angry and tired and we'd just like it to be done.

Wow. Who's drinkin' the coolaid now? That's some potent MeSOBa elixir your downin' there.

Last edited:
For your reference, it does sound like we will keep "disputing" your list whenever it has errors.

From the sounds of it, it seems that the Mesaba committee won't be happy unless there are errors in the PCL list. Everything in the newest PCL list was factual (except for a couple b-days for new hires that the company provided bad data on). I'm told Bloch has dismissed all of the Mesaba committees whining and is working again on producing the award. Lets hope that Mesaba doesn't try a post award dispute and drag this thing out even longer.

From the sounds of it, it seems that the Mesaba committee won't be happy unless there are errors in the PCL list. Everything in the newest PCL list was factual (except for a couple b-days for new hires that the company provided bad data on). I'm told Bloch has dismissed all of the Mesaba committees whining and is working again on producing the award. Lets hope that Mesaba doesn't try a post award dispute and drag this thing out even longer.

Why did Mesaba find the bad b-days and not Pinnacle? That is the heart of the problem. The 9E leadership can't even get an accurate list out after 2 or 3 attempts. How are they going to lead us when times are tough? Why should I vote for someone who can't even organize and verify data properly? Their negotiations would go very poorly when the opposite party sees how disorganized they are. Respect is the name of the game. Having accurate information that is organized well will get you that respect and more bargaining power at the table, not to mention making life easier. No wonder 9E management had no respect for your negotiations for 6 years. You probably came to the table with inaccurate information and disorganized.

I would say it is not out of bounds to ensure the information is correct. If the information is required on the list, then it should be accurate. Maybe Mr. Bloch decided not to use that info, so he is just asking for accurate info he is actually going to use to expedite the process.

p.s. Stop blaming the company for bad information you submitted. Have you not learned to verify your data? Our guys can catch it. Why not your guys?

Why did Mesaba find the bad b-days and not Pinnacle?

Mesaba didn't find it. Colgan did. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Why should I vote for someone who can't even organize and verify data properly?

I can't imagine that you would vote for a PCL rep. I thinks it's very likely that everyone will vote down partisan lines. Assuming equal voter turnout, that would result in the merged MEC being comprised of 6 PCL reps, 6 cjc reps and 2 msa reps.

Last edited:
Mesaba didn't find it. Colgan did. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Same difference. Pinnacle didn't find it, and they are responsible for the information given. Also, then why are you blaming Mesaba for the dispute? If Colgan found it and didn't care, they wouldn't have said anything.

I can't imagine that you would vote for a PCL rep. I thinks it's very likely that everyone will vote down partisan lines. Assuming equal voter turnout, that would result in the merged MEC being comprised of 6 PCL reps, 6 cjc reps and 2 msa reps.

I wouldn't be too confident that 9E pilots will vote for 9E leadership after the past 6 years of crap they have been through, not to mention the debacle this SLI and JCBA turned into that began with 9E actions. There were very few problems with the JCBA until the picketing, and there were very few problems with this SLI until Pinnacle's original proposal was known and the problems with their list began. I am sure disputing the DOH issue may have pissed some people off, but making sure everything is legal and on the up and up is a GOOD quality to have with union leadership.

Pinnacle leadership = nothing but stagnation and nothing getting done

Mesaba leadership = many things done since the last time 9E leadership got something done (see above post of mine for details).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back