• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was it signed like this:

Thank You,
J M (with full name)

How was it proven to be an accurate email? How do you know there has been a "hell storm" between all 3 groups? Should you be banned again for using a name on FI.com? Should we actually be disputing this because your DOH is in fact sim date? Why hasn't Mr. Bloch just said yes or no to changing 9E DOH? Is it even more embarassing to have a vocal part of your pilot group talk the way they have in the past year? Does Star Wars take place in the future or the past?
Yes it was signed that way. And underneath JM's name, it said MSA MEC Merger Committee Chairman. That email is no longer on another forum, it was deleted. Again, ask your committee members, any one of the three. And to be clear, I was not banned from FI because of using a name. I was banned for 10 days for creative swearing in regards to someone too fat to fly (separate thread). Now, you state that my DOH is in fact sim date, and that is no longer correct, not since JCBA was signed in with LOA #2 Transition Agreement. My DOH has been corrected to my class date. As for Mr. Bloch, he hasn't reached a decision yet on the SLI. He is too busy trying to deal with a certain group that has disputed twice since the April 15th hearings/arguments closed.

I don't know anything about phantom emails or what's going on with this list... nor do I really care.

But I am darn sure that Star Wars took place in the past. Hence the whole "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away".

*clap, clap, clap* Most people don't know that, but they know the quote there. :)

Yes it was signed that way. And underneath JM's name, it said MSA MEC Merger Committee Chairman. That email is no longer on another forum, it was deleted. Again, ask your committee members, any one of the three. And to be clear, I was not banned from FI because of using a name. I was banned for 10 days for creative swearing in regards to someone too fat to fly (separate thread). Now, you state that my DOH is in fact sim date, and that is no longer correct, not since JCBA was signed in with LOA #2 Transition Agreement. My DOH has been corrected to my class date. As for Mr. Bloch, he hasn't reached a decision yet on the SLI. He is too busy trying to deal with a certain group that has disputed twice since the April 15th hearings/arguments closed.

Okay, I will make my opinion known that I think that email is a fake (just my opinion and I have not even seen it of course). I have texted my rep and am waiting for a reply. This still isn't passing the smell test. It makes no sense to dispute something that is in black and white twice. Also, Mr. Bloch could put that dispute to rest real quick.

Why do I have the feeling that there is no evidence strong enough to convince you the dispute is over DOH on class date vs sim ride. Its like this has become your new religious belief.

Why do I have the feeling that there is no evidence strong enough to convince you the dispute is over DOH on class date vs sim ride. Its like this has become your new religious belief.

Oh, there is. A "leaked email" on a forum that I didn't even see isn't strong enough, I am sorry. When I start hearing from people I trust, and not strangers, I will believe the evidence. Maybe you are right. I should just trust everything on FI.com (or a post on FI about another web board). I would even accept something from one of the Mesaba guys on here honestly. If Murph, Seven, or XJhawk said they hear about that email and it was true, I would go with that. Heck, that forum he got it from was probably a Pinnacle forum. Otherwise some XJ guys would have probably seen it and spoken up as well.

Last edited:
A certain group is disputing our change of our DOH from sim date to class date. That certain group is using the ALPA Merger policy as the driving force of their dispute, and are using the two conditions that are necessary under ALPA Merger policy. One, that a date of hire is a date when a pilot first appears upon the Companys payroll as a pilot. The second point under ALPA merger policy in defining a date of hire is when a pilot begins initial operational training required to perform his duties in airline operations. The argument, of course, being that we 9E pilots were not paid on a payroll on our class date, and that we were only officially paid on a payroll system on our sim date of hire.

You can choose to ignore facts, or you can choose to talk to your reps, and then get those same facts for yourself.

If 9E keeps talking about Saabs going away and stapling Colgan then why can't Mesaba use every advantage to do the best for their group? A soon as 9E is willing to admit that XJ is an equal partner in this, than I am all for
9E getting DOH as the day they started class.

Flyer1015-I think the point you are making is pretty much what I heard-that is just one point of fact that has not been consistent with your seniority list. The issues are how there can be so many errors AND the fact that LOA 2 was about nonREV rights and not your DOH when it comes to SLI (or pay or anything else with Pinnacle Airlines-AND ALPA)

I have stated before and will again. I think if everyone had the same point in time (class date) and that was your official DOH I would be fine with it. I was even unaware that the company you chose to accept a job with had that policy. I would have been fine with an "adjustment"-if that was agreed upon (which I have heard it was not for SLI purposes). I have, since the crappy proposal by your merger committee, changed my mind and think that you should get what you have been trying to give. I think 9E DOH should be what is on their badge and what ALPA defines as DOH and what your company defines as your DOH. I do not like hearing from your pilots here and at work that you bought us, that our jets are yours and we will be offered jobs, nor do I like some idiot captain in DTW telling me I should get 5:1 or if I am lucky 3:1 seniority. So therefore-I think until your list is correct (DOH and every other line), I will agree with my union that it needs to be looked at by Bloch.

Oh and if it were as simple as yes LOA#2 was in your favor-Bloch would have been done yesterday....so therefore he must see something that does not look right and needs more time to see what your SLI committee is up too

in the past......

If 9E keeps talking about Saabs going away and stapling Colgan then why can't Mesaba use every advantage to do the best for their group? A soon as 9E is willing to admit that XJ is an equal partner in this, than I am all for
9E getting DOH as the day they started class.

9E hasn't talked about positions since the closing arguments. XJ proposed DOH, Colgan proposed relative, and 9E proposed status/category method of 6 groups: jet CA, jet FO, prop CA, prop FO, furloughs, 2010 newhires. Those were the final positions, and that was all. Bloch will decide the actual integration forumla. The difference is that XJ is playing dirty. The dispute window closed with closing arguments of hearings on April 15. If you had a grudge, it should have been taken care of back then. Now, they are fighting dirty and disputing twice on the same topic. The time to fight already ended, but apparently, not for XJ.

Flyer1015-I think the point you are making is pretty much what I heard-that is just one point of fact that has not been consistent with your seniority list. The issues are how there can be so many errors AND the fact that LOA 2 was about nonREV rights and not your DOH when it comes to SLI (or pay or anything else with Pinnacle Airlines-AND ALPA)
Another uneducated XJ pilot. LOA #2 had nothing to do with non-rev rights. Here is Letter V posted for you, word for word.

V. Pinnacle Pilots’ Date of Hire Correction
A Pinnacle Pilot who is hired prior to February 18, 2011 shall have his date of hire adjusted to the first day such Pilot commenced training, however, the pilot’s longevity date shall not be adjusted.

Read that again. A pilot shall have his date of hire (yes, that is DOH) adjusted to the FIRST DAY such pilot commenced training! That means class date. Where do you get anything about non-rev benefits out of this part of the contract? Somebody on the XJ side has got to be spreading lies. The intent of V. is to correct our date of hire from sim date to the day we commenced training, our class date.

Is reading comprehension not a pre-requisite to be on a merger committee?

Latest resources

Back