• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dec 3rd DAL class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NYC 777 B is looking pretty junior so far. I'm a 2000 hire and as of today there are only 33 people senior to me that want it, and thats not even their first choice. 2 more days until the AE closes right?

I'd bid it but I just got on the ER and haven't seen much yet. Its definitely going to be limited destinations for a while until we get more airframes.
..still its a hefty raise...very tempting.

Maybe next year...

OK here are current F/O vacancies on this bid for those keeping score.....

45 ATL 767-400........ shift in flying (from LAX)
10 ATL 757/67 Domestic ..... Adjustment
125 ATL MD-88s .... new hires
30 CVG 737N ........ new categoy
44 LAX 767ER ..... new category (to do Hawaii)
40 LAX 737N ....... new category
32 NYC 777 ........... new vategory
41 NYC 767ER Int'l ...... additional flying
120 NYC MD-88 ..... new hires

The results should posted by Friday or Saturday. If any inbound pilots want any indication of what might be offered to them in the next few months, me or some one else can post the total seats filled by current pilots, and any left over slots (except 777) would probably try to be filled first by a small bid supposedly in January, then possibly new hires.

So, for example, if 41 guys don't bid the NYC 767, we'd probably continue to see new hires there.

(I think the 32 777 slots will fill on the bid anyway.) Although not MY first choice, 20+ guys senior to me want it and I have 1000 pilots below me; I can't look up their preferences. Even if it doesn't fill up, for now we cannot put new hires there due to OpSpecs not allowing it.

NYC 777 B is looking pretty junior so far. I'm a 2000 hire and as of today there are only 33 people senior to me that want it, and thats not even their first choice. 2 more days until the AE closes right?

I'd bid it but I just got on the ER and haven't seen much yet. Its definitely going to be limited destinations for a while until we get more airframes.
..still its a hefty raise...very tempting.

Maybe next year...

How accurate is the eCrew AE link with the information about pilots senior to you who have bid for a seat? I'm a July hire and according to the link there are 50+ pilots senior to me who are bidding M88 FO in NYC (I'm not bidding it, just surprised at that number since guys are waiting to get out of that category.)

I'm guessing the NYC 777 rotations will include LHR when that service starts next year (3 slots total, probably 2 from JFK and 1 from ATL.)

And BOM. :eek:

Looks like it will be LHR and BOM again and again and again and again and again ......

..... and again.

How accurate is the eCrew AE link with the information about pilots senior to you who have bid for a seat? I'm a July hire and according to the link there are 50+ pilots senior to me who are bidding M88 FO in NYC (I'm not bidding it, just surprised at that number since guys are waiting to get out of that category.)

It is accurate, however, what that number doesn't take in to account is those with "modifiers". For example, if you put in the request for NYC 777 B, one of the xx you see having it senior to you is me (as a second choice). But I only want it as top 35%, so if I don't get top 35% it'd go on to my third choice (there is no third choice, I'd rather stay senior where I am and ride it out another bid or two).

I'm guessing the NYC 777 rotations will include LHR when that service starts next year (3 slots total, probably 2 from JFK and 1 from ATL.)

And BOM. :eek:

Looks like it will be LHR and BOM again and again and again and again and again ......

..... and again.

In the press release I saw 767-300ERs would be doing LHR, 2 from JFK and one from ATL. I believe we still have the rights to NRT from JFK (we used to do it from JFK with MD11s) and we are leasing the slot to Fedex. A 777 FO I talked to said the rumor was NRT would be next after BOM. We are scheduled to get 8 more 777s in the next two years, with rumors stating up to 20 more total. It could get interesting.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What is the total number of MD88 FO's in ATL and NYC?

Thanks

I think 400 or so MD88 FOs in ATL, and maybe 120 in NYC?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back