• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dec 3rd DAL class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I talked to crew resources yesterday. Their plans are as follows for 767er NYC for new hires:

Nov 2007, 25 767er NYC
Dec 2007, 25 767er NYC
Jan 2008, 16 767er NYC
All the above are new hire slots for the 76er. I didn't inquire about any other slots. I was mainly interested in NYC ER to determine whether to bid it or not. And also, the above numbers do not reflect the total new hires per month. Just 767er slots.

Congrats to all, and welcome to Delta!

I talked to crew resources yesterday. Their plans are as follows for 767er NYC for new hires:

Nov 2007, 25 767er NYC
Dec 2007, 25 767er NYC
Jan 2008, 16 767er NYC
All the above are new hire slots for the 76er. I didn't inquire about any other slots. I was mainly interested in NYC ER to determine whether to bid it or not. And also, the above numbers do not reflect the total new hires per month. Just 767er slots.

Do you think you could find out possible numbers of slots in ATL come the new year.

ACL, were you saying there is 777 slots in LAX or just 73N? Thanks.

New categories on this bid are the 777 in NYC, 73N in CVG, and the 7ER and 73N in LAX.

On the downside, LAX is losing the 765 category.

This will be an interesting bid. The 777 in NYC especially. Could cause a lot of movement in NYC......on the other hand might no affect NYC all that much if everyone who bids it comes from another base. But, I will guess about half the 777 captains in NYC come from other bases, half from the NYC base. On the FO side, I will guess about 10 come from other bases, the rest from within the NYC base.

The 73N in LAX will go very junior, IMHO. I would expect about half, maybe a bit more, of the captains to be 96-97 hires. The FO spots in that category may not even be filled. Don't know what to think about the 7ER in LAX, but it will probably end up just a bid junior to what the current 765 category runs.

CVG 73N will be pretty senior as a lot of the CVG pilots who commute to other bases try to go home.

Last edited:
I'm in the Dec 3rd class also. I interviewed Oct 9th, was held up by the shrink for a bit, OK to train email yesterday, call from Brian this morning.

Nov 2007, 25 767er NYC
Dec 2007, 25 767er NYC
Jan 2008, 16 767er NYC

Any ideas on what other categories to expect in those classes? I might be the very bottom guy :(

Any ideas on what other categories to expect in those classes? I might be the very bottom guy :(

I'll try to get in touch with them on Monday and ask. But there is going to be a lot of back filling on this recent AE (bid) which closes November 15th. That translate into anybodies guess as to what the openings will be. I would think crew resources would have a better idea after the bid is closed and awarded. This way they can see were they're short from all movement system wide. Then they would most likely fill in with new hires as needed.
They seemed confident about the above numbers for the 76er.
Not sure when the AE will be posted, I would guess early as November 16th and no later than November 20th they should know.

I'll try to get in touch with them on Monday and ask. But there is going to be a lot of back filling on this recent AE (bid) which closes November 15th. That translate into anybodies guess as to what the openings will be. I would think crew resources would have a better idea after the bid is closed and awarded. This way they can see were they're short from all movement system wide. Then they would most likely fill in with new hires as needed.
They seemed confident about the above numbers for the 76er.
Not sure when the AE will be posted, I would guess early as November 16th and no later than November 20th they should know.

Thanks for the time and effort. Please post, I am very curious to see what they say. SEA commuter here hoping for any a/c in SLC or LAX. Any strategy advice will be appreciated.

Latest resources

Back