• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got an email from Brian Bolt -

12 Nov Class drop

25 76 ER JFK

Here we come NYC!!

Well you guys are actually lucky. There is an AE (that's what we call a bid at Delta) out right now that closes on the 15th of November. You can put in a bid the first day of class for something that you actually want since there is no seat lock for the aircraft you are being assigned.

Here are the slots showing on the bid (keep in mind bid what you actually want because they back fill slots)

ATL765CAPT 31
ATLM88CAPT 12
ATL765F/O 45
ATL767F/O 10
ATLM88F/O 125
CVG73NCAPT 30
CVG73NF/O 30
LAX7ERCAPT 44
LAX73NCAPT 40
LAX7ERF/O 44
LAX73NF/O 40
NYC777CAPT 32
NYCM88CAPT 4
NYC777F/O 32
NYC7ERF/O 41
NYCM88F/O 120
SLCM88CAPT 4​

Last edited:
We will have to see what happens with the LAX 73N and 777 slots. Both do not have a lot of bids currently. Of course it is early in the process, it will be interesting none the less

Don't get their hopes up. They may or may not be in eCrew by then. It takes several days to get ecrew logins established in the system.

But hopefully, you guys will have perfect timing. Stay on the ER! Great flying and you'll be helping your slightly senior brothers and sisters out. :)

Don't get their hopes up. They may or may not be in eCrew by then. It takes several days to get ecrew logins established in the system.

But hopefully, you guys will have perfect timing. Stay on the ER! Great flying and you'll be helping your slightly senior brothers and sisters out. :)

That is an incorrect statement. If you have a seniority number, you can bid. Ecrew is not necessary. You can call crew resources and tell them what you want. Heck you're in the school house you can walk to crew resources.

From section 20 of the PWA(contract)

A. Definitions
1. "Seniority" means a pilot’s number on the seniority list.​

Section B.
2. Seniority numbers will be assigned to individuals on the first day of their new-hire training in the following order:​

C. Rights
1. Among pilots with sufficient qualifications, seniority will govern:
a. promotion and demotion,
b. awarding of vacancies and displacements,​

So if you have a seniority number then you can bid. Anyone that tells you otherwise is taking the liberty to BS you.

Last edited:
Wow - Delta is looking like a better and better choice every day. You can fly widebodies abroad or fly narrowbodies domestically - your choice. I am sure the applications are piling up.

Do you guys know what percentage of newhires are purely ex-military vs. regional/corporate/LCC, etc?

I stand corrected. Thanks DAL737FO.

I'm too lazy to search my PWA pdf file.

Is there an order to how Brian assigns the class. I interviewed end of OCT. Still no word on a class.

Latest resources

Back