• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DALPA Rep Says no go to merger....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that they have put a lid on the leaks, and there may be some constructive dialog going on.
I am sure it will be slow, but with DAL supposedly at a ratio and NWA at a DOH, there is a lot of room to work with.
My guess would be either a total fence for 5-10 years then DOH or they will just fence the top 2000 or so NWA guys and then go DOH.
That would probably be agreeable to most, not all but most.
If you get past the end fighting, this deal is way to good to let ego get in the way. I think that if you look 10-20 years down the road, this deal needs to happen and happen today. For all parties involved. I am not saying that there will not be short term pain, but long term is where we need to look.

I hope the leaks stop. 99% of info on here is B.S. Interesting to follow the war of words between the familiar ones. Don't think there is a finish line in this life for their attitudes, priorities, and egos. Read the ALPA Analysis. This could/should be the best option long term for both companies and pilots. A couple of the plans discussed with 5-7+ year fences to insure any short term inequities and then go focus on being somebody together. Of course that would require some mutual support, professionalism and parking the Its All About ME Ego. Get over yourself, or I'll remind you of that period in time when it was considered a compliment to flunk the DAL psych interview. Unfortunately I passed it and my wife holds that against me everytime we have a discussion.

I was at in IP meeting yesterday and I was told DALPA has walked away..period. NWA request to have the top 400-500 spots and staple 2000-3000 DAL guys on the bottom is outrageous and the NWA ALPA will not negotiate from this .

Put it this way...most if not all DAL guys think that our union went way too soft in what they proposed for a senority list intergration (relative position). This might be part of the reason DAL is trying to recall its ATL reps and put in a more militant variety.

At DAL an eight year FO can hold any widebody jet in the system and even hold CAPTAIN on the 88 out of New York. DAL has three times the widebodies as NWA (counting 757s). Relative postion integration will put that same eight year FO on his ass in the right seat of a DC-9 or a freaking RJ when the 9s are parked. In my book that just sucks.

"At this point, unless the board forces Anderson into it, the deal is off." This was word for word from our ALPA rep.

I would have him take a lie detector test. He is giving Baghdad Bob a run for his money.

Last edited:
I was at in IP meeting yesterday and I was told DALPA has walked away..period. NWA request to have the top 400-500 spots and staple 2000-3000 DAL guys on the bottom is outrageous and the NWA ALPA will not negotiate from this .

Put it this way...most if not all DAL guys think that our union went way too soft in what they proposed for a senority list intergration (relative position). This might be part of the reason DAL is trying to recall its ATL reps and put in a more militant variety.

At DAL an eight year FO can hold any widebody jet in the system and even hold CAPTAIN on the 88 out of New York. DAL has three times the widebodies as NWA (counting 757s). Relative postion integration will put that same eight year FO on his ass in the right seat of a DC-9 or a freaking RJ when the 9s are parked. In my book that just sucks.

"At this point, unless the board forces Anderson into it, the deal is off." This was word for word from our ALPA rep.

Spot on, bud.

I have no idea, although I believe some of the NWA pilots on this board could have easily flunked the psych eval at Delta......they actually believe they deserve DOH at Delta and at NASA....? I hear the DC9 cockpit is a lot like the Russian Sputnik too.

Bye Bye--General Lee
That sword cuts both ways. A very good friend of mine didn't pass the psyche test at NWA and was promptly hired at DAL. About the same time another good friend had the same thing happen and eventually ended up at SWA. That's what happens when you let the pshrink get involved. Psh@t happens. You actually believe Sputnik had a cockpit...errr flight deck? (Anxiously waiting for the GL response putting a spin on the fact that the DAL pshrink is far superior to the NWA psyche test and brings more to the table since the MMP has outlived its usefulness and will be retired. And yes, I know pshrink isn't a word.)

Last edited:
I would say Clay FOOOOshey used basically an astronaut eval at NWA in the 90's. Stranger than even DAL has had. And wasn't it a father/son team that ran the psych evals during the 80's and 90's at DAL? As I recall didn't one or both of them commit suicide?l (R.I.P.)

I'm gonna have to CC this to the FDX MEC. For some reason the company is trying to give us narrowbody pay for the 757.

Oh, wait. Nevermind. Turns out it is a single-aisle narrowbody. I guess I misread something.

PIPE

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back