• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DALPA Rep Says no go to merger....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the price of oil going through the roof and the gloom and doom talk on the economy, I wouldn't be surprised if mgmt. used these issues to go ahead with the deal without a seniority integration plan.

Then what? Would it work to just fence off the NWA ops until their retirements peak in 10 yrs or whatever the timeframe is?

They gave what he termed "more than was reasonable" and it still wasn't going anywhere so the plan at least for the moment is to focus back on Delta's stand alone growth plans. Should still be lots of hiring. Funny thing he said is that had the merger been agreed to the hiring would have doubled with some pretty impressive additional growth and airplanes. He thinks if things dont change Delta will put in some more larger orders for aircraft and tweak the plan they had before the merger talks began. He didn't rule out managment still just saying we are merging but thought it unlikely.

Rapid expansion into a major recession. Anyone want to make a guess as to how this will turn out?

Occam may be correct. Have we really walked away?
There ain't no "may" about it. Occam is the only one really worth listening to around here about this. Trust me, the guy has connections. If he says the talks are ongoing, then the talks are ongoing.

There ain't no "may" about it. Occam is the only one really worth listening to around here about this. Trust me, the guy has connections. If he says the talks are ongoing, then the talks are ongoing.

I sure hope you are right. I would sure hate to see this thing get squashed because of a people with ego's the size of general lee's.

George Bush said yesterday that we aren't heading into a recession so we should all be OK. I'm glad he cleared that up for us.
"Mission accomplished!"

Bring it. I would enjoy watching your bubble burst when you try to get a foothold in our fortress hub.

Isn't it true that you were turned down by Delta, and that is why you took the job with NWA a couple weeks ago?

I can't imagine any other reason.

NWA's management treats mosquitos (of which there are a multitude in MSP when it's not below zero) far better than its pilots.

I hear mosquitos also have better pay and work rules than NWA pilots. They certainly have better personalities.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back