• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DALPA Rep Says no go to merger....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would say Clay FOOOOshey used basically an astronaut eval at NWA in the 90's. Stranger than even DAL has had. And wasn't it a father/son team that ran the psych evals during the 80's and 90's at DAL? As I recall didn't one or both of them commit suicide?l (R.I.P.)

I wonder what that shrink would say about general dipstick and his 10500 posts.

Sociopath's personality?

I'm gonna have to CC this to the FDX MEC. For some reason the company is trying to give us narrowbody pay for the 757.

Oh, wait. Nevermind. Turns out it is a single-aisle narrowbody. I guess I misread something.

PIPE

You should. The 757 pays the same as the 767 at Delta.

ACL65pilot call your reps if you have any questions. We have had no talks with NWA for a week.

So if I call it a widebody, it becomes a widebody?

Did you tell W what to say about the recession that isn't happening?

PIPE

I think the point he was trying to make was that the 767/757 is a single category at DAL which pays the same as the 767er and is a wide body paid position. This is after all about making money, not which airplane you fly.

Perhaps a better way to say it is that DAL has significantly more premium flying positions.

With that being said, there are over 1000 NWA 757 positions that currently pay the same as a DAL mad dog which would immediately receive pay equity with the 767 by adopting the DAL pay structure plus any contractual gains.

Did you tell W what to say about the recession that isn't happening?

PIPE

Who gives a rats ass how many isles are in the back of the thing...pay rates is what it is all about as well as it is a sinlge catagorey at DAL.

Perhaps for you I could just put it this way for you - "DAL has three times the number of big shinny jets when compared to NWAs big shinney ones"

It is over for now. Press reports are that Delta's senior management has backed away from the table. The pilots are not meeting.

As the NWA pilots realize what the opportunity was they will likely wish that it was not over. Pressure from within ALPA, management and their own pilot group might force the NWA committee to consider other viewpoints and moderate their position. Maybe this fall, but, never again with quite the position of strength they had in this round; Intransigence = Irrelevance when trying to make a deal work.

Not merging is much better for Delta pilots individually in the short term. Delta can simply order aircraft and save money by getting new hires on board without decades of longevity.

An ER with a Captain and two $49 an hour new hires that are "glad to be at Delta" with great attitudes seems like a better money making combination than the alternative.

Last edited:
Fins, I think by the fall it will be too late. An Obama DOJ is unlikely to approve of these sorts of huge mergers. They need Bush's DOJ to push this through.

Fins, I think by the fall it will be too late. An Obama DOJ is unlikely to approve of these sorts of huge mergers. They need Bush's DOJ to push this through.

I'm not too sure about that. Many other factors to be considered, not the least of which would be the state of the industry.

An Obama DOJ would be more likely to approve the deal if labor was on board and much more likely to reject it if labor opposes the deal.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back