• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dallas area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will also say look to the Ft Worth side. You will get more for you money. We live in north Ft Worth and the area is really growing. We are located in the Northwest school district and taxes for now are less than those on the east side of 35W in Keller, Keller is still a very good school district. The drive over to DAL can be as little as 45 min or up to 1.5 hours depending on time of day. DFW is 45 min almost anytime of day. The best part of the DFW area is that there is something for everybody. Best of luck in CMH and add my name to the pm list if you have any questions.

Don't forget to mention our cool new $21 million dollar high school football stadium. We have to keep up with Southlake you know.

Only 20 minutes to DFW for me (90% of the time anyway), but I am on the far eastern edge of the Northwest School District.

I live in Keller..its just north of Ft. Worth...there some nice new neighborhoods around here and the area is pretty nice..

Theres some lifestyle differences between living on the Ft. Worth side and Dallas side.

Remember in Dallas its sushi and in Ft. Worth its bait.

For the Dallas guys...

I would assume this is equipment specific. What percentage do you fly out of DFW and DAL. How much do they give you for airport parking?

Ok, I live in the Dallas area. My recommendation to you my friend is The plano area. Especially the nort plano area. Frisco is also a very nice area. DFW airport, DAL and even ADS are not to far. The school districts are great too. I live near plano now and I plan to move to plano as soon as my lease expires. Not to familiar with the Fort Worth area, but I do know that Keller is nice, but it's kinda far away from DAL and ADS, Colleyville is nice but expensive! Maybe one you make captain and if the wife works you can get a place there. Grapevine isn't bad either, but it does have its areas. I would suggest stay away from East Dallas, South Dallas. Plano, Frisco, Far North Dallas, Far North Carrollton, Keller, Colleyville and some parts of Grapevine are nice and are areas that don't seem to get "old, and ugly" as years go by. If I had the choice I would look at Plano! Especially around the Legacy area. Also Frisco near the Stonebriar Mall! It's just awesome! So much stuff to do, lots of good restaurants and places to take the kids. Good luck my friend, we will see you here and welcome you to the Dallas Aviation Chump club LOL.

If you were leaning towards Ft.Worth, a lot of new construction inventory homes are availiable with incredible inventives. Like 500 dollar move ins which include everything in the home except a frig. The builders are paying all the closing costs. If you mortgage through them, they are giving rates like 6.0% 30yr. fixed, plus downpayments on certain loans too. The 35 corridor north and south of FTW is booming with more new homes than they know what to do with right now. The area is developing from pastures to TX chain resturants faster than you can say yup, or yep if live on the dallas side of town.

http://www.drhorton.com/corp/InvHomeSearch.do?metroId=93&order=2

For the Dallas guys...

I would assume this is equipment specific. What percentage do you fly out of DFW and DAL. How much do they give you for airport parking?

If they start you at DFW all parking is 100% paid. It does not say where you have to park. I park infield curbside AA for $18.00 a day. I have even used the valet service once. If they start you at DAL, you limo over to DFW. Signature has secure parking for us at DAL.

It is hit and miss if you pick up your plane at DAL or not. The G-200 guys pick and drop off here a fair amount because of the gulfstream mx base. NetJets is using the same place for some line mx but nothing heavy yet.

I was wondering if a NetJet's pilot could PM me...I had a question. And no it is not to ask for a recommendation...promise:)

Thanks

Latest resources

Back