• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dallas area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I live in Flower Mound which is North west of Dallas. It's a very good area with good schools and mostly upper-middle class families (with the few exceptions of course). Anyways, it's very "suburbia" up here. My drive to DFW is about 15 minutes and I work out of Love Field (30-45 minute drive).

I live in Flower Mound which is North west of Dallas. It's a very good area with good schools and mostly upper-middle class families (with the few exceptions of course). Anyways, it's very "suburbia" up here. My drive to DFW is about 15 minutes and I work out of Love Field (30-45 minute drive).

YES!!! I FORGOT ABOUT FLOWER MOUND! It is a very nice area. Now the traffic really suck around that area b/c since it's sooooo new alot of the roads are not "up to date" sort of speak. But it is very nice, the schools are great. Good man SigAV8R.

YES!!! I FORGOT ABOUT FLOWER MOUND! It is a very nice area. Now the traffic really suck around that area b/c since it's sooooo new alot of the roads are not "up to date" sort of speak. But it is very nice, the schools are great. Good man SigAV8R.

Thx Flybet...yeah, they're slowly widening roads leading into FM from all directions. It's a good time to get in because they're building a lot of up here. Although it's not really a "secret" anymore cuz housing ranges go up to 400K now. :( But there's still some affordable homes in the area and it's a good place to be if you've got a family but it sucks for social life cuz there's not much for drinking and stuff.

We live in Flower Mound and love it. I think you want to consider where you will be flying out of most. If it is DFW, this area would be best for. You don't want to live over in Plano/Frisco or Dallas if you fly out of DFW the most since they are making 121 a toll (its already started) and the traffic is awful including I635. But if you will fly out of DAL or ADS most of the time Plano/Frisco will be a better choice for you. Those towns are more focused on high end retail/restaurants/entertainment also. The Flower Mound/Roanake/Westlake areas are more family oriented. Lots of horse ranches still around and acreages etc. North Fort Worth is currently focusing on large subdivision development (which means lots of trac homes that all look alike) which will affect your resale. Everything is new there still so you have a good 5+ years before you see an increase in your investment. So if you may be here for shorter term try this area. Our school district in Flower Mound is Lewisville School District with many of our schools rated exemplary.

Almost all of the above are good thoughts. I started out in "North Dallas" just north of Love field, great location but not the greatest idea unless you can afford Highland Park or somesuch high dollar nonsense. Moved to north Plano and really loved it, but moved after 9-11 like a dummy. Finally came back to the DFW last year and chose the Northeast Fort Worth area (basically Keller but Northwest ISD) for the best value and it's growing on me. West of DFW will be a great deal if you plan to stay for 2O years, since Keller/Haslet will be the next North Dallas/Addison/Plano/Frisco but the drive to DAL and ADS is a little long especially with traffic. Of course with only 2 RT drives per month I would hardly even factor that in to the decision.

Good luck and happy hunting.

I have to put in a word for Flower Mound / Lewisville / Highland Village / Lake Dallas areas. I live in Highland Village. I border FM to the South, and Lewisville to the east, Double Oak to the west and Lake Lewisville to the north. Lewisville ISD which are Blue Ribbon Schools, and yes we pay for them.

They are expanding the roads, and building like crazzy. They just started building our last subdivision this week. I can see the houses being built right behind my neighbors house. A new Elementary & Middle school to be built here. The new subdivision will be less in cost than my house (I bought in June 2000 for $220K a 3525 sq ft 5/3/3, but you can get better deals here).

They are building and filling a shopping center at FM2499 & FM 407. Kind of sux, but we have a McD's less than a mile from the house! Will have a movie theater, and everthing else all the bigger cities have but we will remain a small town (were land locked).

It takes me about 10 - 25 min to DFW, 15-45 to DAL, 40 min to ADS of course depending on traffic, which way you go and how you drive.

What I would recommend That once you find where you're going to be domociled, find a place to rent near by. If you have time ahead for training get down here to look around at the areas mentioned. There is good and bad about all of them including HV.

The Metroplex is large and expanding daily. The choice is you'rs to make.

I also have a great realtor who will find you a house or have your built. She works hard for her money, but she earnes every penny.

Best of Luck.

Last edited:
Dont forget the areas around downtown Dallas. I live on lower Greenville Ave and I really enjoy the area. Very safe and the property values are climbing steadily. I have probably 100 bars and restaraunts I can walk to from my front door. I would be a little aprehensive about the housing market in the "burbs".

Dont forget the areas around downtown Dallas. I live on lower Greenville Ave and I really enjoy the area. Very safe and the property values are climbing steadily. I have probably 100 bars and restaraunts I can walk to from my front door. I would be a little aprehensive about the housing market in the "burbs".

Well sh*t if he can really afford it then he should look into Las Colinas or the Downtown area. But ummm, last I check those areas were expensive as hell.

Latest resources

Back