Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

iluvetops

Hello all NJA crew,

Can anyone of you give me a suggestion on where in greater Dallas/Ft. Worth area to buy a property, where are the nice neighberhood, school, etc.

I am attending NJA interview on 17/18 of Jan.

Many thanks

We haven't lived there for about 3 years, but my wife and I used to have a home in Grapevine and we really liked it there. Good schools, lots of nearby restaurants and shopping, and good highway access.

Be wary of asking anyone in Dallas how long a drive it is from point A to point B: the answer is always "20 minutes", regardless of the actual time. :D

Though I am not with NJA, I will give you some ideas. Look over in Tarrant County/Fort Worth side of the metroplex. The taxes are lower, insurance lower, people are considerably more laid back and not as crowded. Look at North Fort Worth, North Arlington, Saginaw and Haslet areas. Unless you have income other than NJA, although these are the best areas of Fort Worth, stay away from Colleyville, Trophey Club and Southlake. Great areas, but very expensive.

Good Luck. If you need a realtor, PM me. I have a great one that I will only use.

I am with Mesa not NJ but I am in Mansfield. There is some ordnance that restricts new construction here to a certain size or larger. Every tract builder is here and all of them are competing for your business right now. I would rent for the first 6 months because real estate will continue to fall but as of now you can get into 4-5 bedrooms and 2500-3000 sq. ft new construction in a master planned neighborhood for 200K to 250k range. If I get on with NJ we will most likely buy a house out here and stay a very long time. I am 1 hour form my front step to a gate in DFW. The trip to DAL would be about 20 - 30 Longer. Grapevine as mentioned is very close, cheap, and good. I have seen a large amount of master planned communities north of the Metroplex. Looking up there would mean a short commute to DAL and as of right now the prices are continuing to fall. Look around North of DAL. That may be the most ideal for you. A cheap place to rent that is mostly safe would be the intersection of 360 and Pioneer. I use to live in that area. Stone Hill. Just go look in that area. Plenty of places around there. Short trip to the airport. Well I don’t know where NJ guys park so I am not sure about your parking a but short drive to the airport for sure.

Congratulations. Hope to join you soon

I am with NJA and have lived in the Dallas area all my life. Some of the best schools in the area are either Keller or Grapevine/Colleyville. Both school districts cover a wide economic spectrum. We bought an 1800 sf house that's in the city of Fort Worth but part of the Keller school district about 18 months ago for 97k. You could find new construction homes anywhere from 125k up to the moon and the drive to DFW is 30 minutes and 45 to 60 for DAL.

Here's a website to help you compare schools. www.greatschools.net

PM me if I can answer any other questions for you. I do agree with the previous poster about taking the Fort Worth side of the metroplex over the Dallas side. Spent most of my life on the Dallas side and couldn't be happier in Fort Worth.

Good luck on the interview. Just remember, CRM in the sim and smile in the technical. Have fun.

I will also say look to the Ft Worth side. You will get more for you money. We live in north Ft Worth and the area is really growing. We are located in the Northwest school district and taxes for now are less than those on the east side of 35W in Keller, Keller is still a very good school district. The drive over to DAL can be as little as 45 min or up to 1.5 hours depending on time of day. DFW is 45 min almost anytime of day. The best part of the DFW area is that there is something for everybody. Best of luck in CMH and add my name to the pm list if you have any questions.

Though I am not with NJA, I will give you some ideas. Look over in Tarrant County/Fort Worth side of the metroplex. The taxes are lower, insurance lower, people are considerably more laid back and not as crowded. Look at North Fort Worth, North Arlington, Saginaw and Haslet areas. Unless you have income other than NJA, although these are the best areas of Fort Worth, stay away from Colleyville, Trophey Club and Southlake. Great areas, but very expensive.

Good Luck. If you need a realtor, PM me. I have a great one that I will only use.

SouthLake is going down to San Antonio Reagan on December 23rd at the AlamoDome Class5A State Championship game. We will defeat the evil empire.

Look at all you guys trashing us boys over here in Dallas. Nothing wrong with the Dallas side or being 5 minutes to DAL. Well OK one thing property taxes are high in Dallas county. So move north Plano, Frisco, Allen good schools up that way also. COWTOWN is well COWTOWN BLA if you ask me

SouthLake is going down to San Antonio Reagan on December 23rd at the AlamoDome Class5A State Championship game. We will defeat the evil empire.

Only because Trinity's coach is your best player. What a game. Best of luck on Saturday. I would have rather seen Southlake and Trinity this round.

Latest resources

Back