• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL Wants...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UPS, GA State and GA Tech MBA programs. Please don't sell us out just yet. Many of us are willing to suspend our services to Delta before we accept this POS proposal. We have not agreed to anything yet so, dont sell us short just yet. We will need the support of other pilot groups throughout this fight. I wish for the best to all pilot groups as we are all in this together. We need to bring together ALPA, IPA, APA etc. and gameplan as management is tearing us a new one. For the regional guys, I came up through your ranks. Noone, including ALPA, makes you agree/vote yes to anything. Stop blaming others and we need to do the same. If a judge imposes this proposal on us it is very different than voting yes. Hopefully my fellow Delta Pilots will strike if it comes to that. Good luck to all as you are a big part of why I got into this business.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on how Delta pilots could be considering $88 per hour as a viable option. Here is how I see the accident chain....

Big contract signed in 2000. It was great but then the slowdown came and then 9/11 REALLY slowed things down. Then the furloughes came and the losses mounted. Couldn't turn back time and undue the contract. Then oil went up. From then on it was a train that saw a bus on the track. The wheels were in motion and there was no way to stop the wreck. Senior guys wanted to get their payouts, management wanted to get their payouts and those that wanted more cuts were unwilling or unable to make them. Mid and Junior guys could only sit and watch. Many bought the BS floated to keep everyone quiet (see The General). That's human nature, we all have to answer questions whether or not we really know the answer or want to give the right answer.

To the folks floating the Delta guys Shiite for considering the low pay--You got peed on for the same thing, so what. Grow thicker skin. DAL was the top of the heap and even though I don't work there I hope they stay afloat. But with the HUMONGOUS debt they have accumulated they will have to suffer sub-standard wages for awhile. Give them a break. The pilot group is not homogeneous. There are many, many good folks there.

BTW--I hope the Delta folks figure out a way to improve the lowball company offer.

Last edited:
So what would be the advice to a recent DAL recall 7 numbers from the bottom who has a job waiting for him, making around $70K/yr?

So what would be the advice to a recent DAL recall 7 numbers from the bottom who has a job waiting for him, making around $70K/yr?

Run... run for your life and don't ever look back. There is more money to be made in other professions and you can be home every weekend and have 100% of your holidays off. Oh and you can still fly, maybe even buy your own plane and fly VFR for a change.

Good luck.

AAflyer said:
Yes JB rates originally had an impact on what other airlines looked to pay their pilots, but don;t you think DAL's new rates while impact what the AirTran guys are trying to get.

You know what? Does the current situation suck? Yes it does. We are chasing each other to the bottom. But......When times are good, we try to leapfrog each others contract while trying to raise rates. Pattern bargaining I believe they call it. Do you think it only works on the way up? If so you are kidding yourself.

pilotyip said:

Apply elsewhere and go to grad. school bro. Not worth it anymore. At 33 years old and with six years at Delta, I am planning on UPS or another career. Good luck.

YGASF said:
Why are you interested in UPS? Good luck with your future.

Stable company. Good benefits and retirement. No contacts at FedEx. Expect a 20 to 30% raise for them over the next 5 to 6 years. Look at ABX and FEDEX rates. Could be wrong. Crazy business we are all in. Good luck to you as well.

YGASF said:
Are they really going to get that big of a raise at UPS? Do you think that their retirement is really stable? As for ABX, I know that DHL will soon start to play them against Astar for future growth, so you know what that means to their rates, plus they still have guys on furlough.

UPS is making 2.5 to 3 billion annual profit. Retirement is safe for now. Things certainly could change. Best bet for now.

Latest resources

Back