DAL Wants...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
surplus1 said:
True, but by the time 2008 rolls around we'll be so far in the hole that it will take 25 years to recover. I don't have that long. Lucky you if you do.

I haven't figured how many seat in the House will be up for grabs but Congress has the ability to put a check on the president's powers. We're already fundamentally hosed on a few Supreme Court appointments. Vote Democrat. Live better.

Dave Benjamin said:
CF,

I wish I could agree with you but I think you're incorrect. Look at what happened over at Alaska.

Dave,

Where exactly do you think I am incorrect?

I stated that what is being "requested" from the DAL pilots is *NOT* what the pilots want - its what management wants. Furthermore, I said unfortunatly much of the "requests" will be forced upon them. HOPEFULLY they will be able to bargain a bit and meet somewhere in between.

This is of course speculation...

-CF

FlyinScotsman said:
You "mainline" guys are kind of pi$$in me off. You have cried for years that the regionals have taken your flying, taken your routes etc. The regionals have "lowered the bar" to get more growth, bigger airplanes etc. You have bitched that "if only they would stand up and not take it anymore" "stop the race to the bottom" The regionals have only done this because it has (they think) benefitted them, with quick upgrades and the like. Now that you have to make the choice of take a stand or lose out, you fold like a house of cards. You could now be accused of "lowering the bar" to save yourselves, which I guess is okay because you work for a mainline carrier and must be saved at all costs. I call BS, practice what you preach. Don't "lower the bar", take a stand, take one for the team and some other choice sound bites I have heard over the years. Seesh..... It Sure Sucks When The Shoe Is On The Other Foot.

My sentiments exactly.... If the regionals take cuts or freezes to secure growth, we lower the bar. Mainline does it and it's "self preservation." Hypocrits.....

JI Gone OH said:
My sentiments exactly.... If the regionals take cuts or freezes to secure growth, we lower the bar. Mainline does it and it's "self preservation." Hypocrits.....

Know what, mainline has not done anything yet. And if we do end up with a low pay rate on a 100 seater, its not like we had much choice. We are in bankruptcy. We have very little leverage. We will do the best we can but in the end its largely out of our hands.

Tim47SIP said:
If DALPA gives DCI 79 200 seat jets, my job is history along with a thousand + others.

You're right! But I think it was 200 - 79 seaters.

You are right! That's what I meant. Thanks for correcting this selfish and arrogant DL pilot (we are all that way you know-TIC). Also, thanks for not name calling. Some people feel the need to get their shots in.

To clear some things up - got this off of the DALPA board -

"In the name of accuracy, I have recieved some new information. A friend of mine from DFW called me, said he had spoken to a Chief Pilot and that what ALPA told me was wrong. He said they are not going after 200 79 seaters in addition to the current 70 seaters. The ch pilot told him what Delta wants is to change the definition from 70 seats to 79 seats and change the number limit from 150 to 200. Which would mean an additional 50 RJs above 50 seats.

I called and spoke with one of my ATL reps personally. He said the way it was briefed to him concurred with what the chief pilot said. "

michael707767 said:
Know what, mainline has not done anything yet. And if we do end up with a low pay rate on a 100 seater, its not like we had much choice. We are in bankruptcy. We have very little leverage. We will do the best we can but in the end its largely out of our hands.

So everything is the judges fault now, is that what you're saying. Look, I'm the last one that wants to see you flying a 100 seat aircraft for $88 bucks an hour... that's pathetic. Hell, those are [worse than] Mesa wages. And I know that there isn't much you can do; this isn't my first time visiting Chapter 11. It's just really frustrating to see people [like you] give us a hard time for taking freezes a few months ago. You claim that now you're in bankruptcy, you don't have much choice, and to a large extent I agree. Well whether you want to believe it or not, we didn't have much of a choice back then either, because Delta had showed their hand as to who would get growth; the cheapest. It was clear to me and 60% of our pilot group that if we wanted to secure any kind of growth and make things better at our company, we were going to have to give. That's what y'all had been screaming that we were going to have to do from the beginning anyhow, and then when we did we "sold everyone out" and "stole flying" and all the other bullsh*t that goes around about us. The bottom line here is that we were either going to play ball or sit the bench, and I chose to play. It looks like you guys want to play too, and I can't blaim you, it just seems a little hypocritical, that's all. You know, two-faced....

Last edited:
Ty Webb said:
Seems to me this is the time for ALPA, CAPA, and the rest of the unions to pull together and make a stand. Set a minimum pay level for each aircraft, regardless of the carrier, and that will take pilot wages off of the table.

Then management will have to either raise revenues and find other means of making money.

BINGO!!!!

AA

Do you guys FINALLY GET IT? We are ALL in this TOGETHER. The ONLY real blame we need to lay is upon ourselves.

JetBlue, Mesa, CHQ, UAL, AA etc, no one is out to screw the other guy, however we have all been MANIPULATED, and have TAKEN THE ANGER out on OURSELVES and our FELLOW aviatiors.

Is there any difference in furloughed guys and gals going to JB to secure work at that payrate then UAL, or DAL pilots now taking what they can to keep their job? No. Infact as the senior pilots sold out the junior one at many of legacies they pushed their fellow pilots into the arms of the LCCs.

Yes JB rates originally had an impact on what other airlines looked to pay their pilots, but don;t you think DAL's new rates while impact what the AirTran guys are trying to get.

Do you see why regionals are underbidding eachother for contracts?

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER AND NEED TO BAND TOGETHER NOW!

Do you get it yet?

AA

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back