DAL Wants...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Otto said:
So what's the source for this? I'll wait unitil I see it confirmed somwhere but these rates would not surprise me since the Jetblue payscale has a EMB-190 12 year captain topping out at $89 an hour! (Thanks Jetblue) I never knew I had it so good at Comair with CL-70 12 year Captains making $94 an hour though I'm sure that won't be lasting much longer. So is anyone else thinking this industry is no longer worth it? Twelve years missing birthdays and holidays to make $89? If it comes to that, screw it...I'm done! :mad:

Not sure anyone has posted a link yet:

http://www.dp3.org/data/Neg.NotepadSep21.pdf

Its just sad that a judge can get rid of peoples retirement just like that. There are lots of people who are screwed if and when it happens. There is a guy in my ward who would have to go back to work. And he lives in one of the cheapest cities in Utah. Living in SLC there are lots of pilot angry and sad about this ordeal. Hopefully it comes out alright or there are going to be a lot more Netjet pilots.

General Lee said:
I just saw the proposal and it stinks. I guess when your company is in court, they can ask for whatever they want. Not all will be agreed to, and there should be a little negotiating (a little). As far as the 100 seater, I expected there to be a rate close to Jetblue's, since it is now the benchmark. There wasn't anything about paying double over 70 hours though, and I don't think the company wanted it. I will press ALPA (as much as I can alone) to keep scope and to get the pay rates later. The pension will be gone, which is something the NW guys don't want to give up since they didn't have the 1/2 lump sum deal. There are other things that really bothered me reading the proposal, but Scope is my number one thing.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Who was that guy that used to post all the time on the ALPA board, Colon or something like that. "The real problem is guys who are willing to do the job for less!" General, when you see him, ask him when his last day will be. Sucks to have no leverage don't it? God help us all!

Nobody on this thread has mentioned yet that JBLU pilots get time and a half for every hour flown above 70. Their EMB rates are terrible but at least that helps a little.

fugghedabowdit said:
Nobody on this thread has mentioned yet that JBLU pilots get time and a half for every hour flown above 70. Their EMB rates are terrible but at least that helps a little.

Don't know if I mentioned here, but I have mentioned it. Figuring you fly 85 hours a month on average, the effective rate for JB works out to about 97$ an hour. Almost exactly what AWA just got for the 190 by the way.

What airline is flying the E190 for Delta Air Lines? Saw one parked in DTW the yesterday. Didn't even realize they were in service already, or was I mistaken about the idenity?

Shuttle America is flying the 170 already. They are in CVG at term A.

Latest resources

Back