• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL/NWA SLI Hearings in a nutshell

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is not a what if, it is fact that the DC-9 is the smallest large gauge airframe that DAL will have on property being flown by mainline pilots. Is this really that hard to conceptualize?

The what if is furloughs and that will be taken care of as well this way. A fence only deals with one side of the equation. This proposal deals with both issues. Read all of the transcripts. I know it is over 600 pages but the argument is succinct.

Thats not the point being argued. the point argued is that the remaining DC9s arent going away this year or next year and the only thing when have heard is that DAL said they would like to keep them till 2012 at least. Therefore the effects of retiring those planes wont effect the pilots currently on property the same way now as if its in 4-5 years. That also doesnt consider replacement aircraft that would have eventually come to mainline. The scope prohibits parking them and replacing all of them with RJ's. There is NOTHING that says DAL might not decide with oil going down that they may pull some out of the desert either as those planes arent retired they were parked. Bottom line is who knows. Arguing what ifs about the future of the DC9 is pointless. People have been saying for 20 years the DC9 is on its way out and here it is in all its glory still flying and flying well today. ;)

Speaking of its time to go, cheers :beer:

The DC-9 First Officer position is on the bottom of the list for the same reason the NWA MEC argues the 747 Captain position should be at the top. Size, range and pay.

The DC-9 is not only the oldest airframe, it's the smallest airframe, with the shortest range and the smallest pay check. It's replacement aircracft, according to NALPA, the 77-110 seater, pays even less.

The value of a DC-9 F/O position is less than a 747, less than a 757, less than a A320 and less than a MD88/90. It is therefore ranked accordingly on the DALPA proposal. It is the most junior position at NWA and it will be the most junior position at DAL.

OK,

The truth comes out. The uber-professional benevolant delta pilots real plan. Either we get what we want via capitulation or arbitration or we will use our sheer numbers to pull a eastie. Looking forward to working with such a honorable group. Can't wait until we ever actually have to stand up to the company as a unified group. :(

The truth came out from Superpilot. I believe that it was he who stated the 5000 some NWA pilots who won't be......

You and he, whhhaaaaaaa, whhhaaaaa:crying: :crying:

Perhaps you should start with lecturing him. For it is he who started the "threat".

The DC-9 First Officer position is on the bottom of the list for the same reason the NWA MEC argues the 747 Captain position should be at the top. Size, range and pay.

The DC-9 is not only the oldest airframe, it's the smallest airframe, with the shortest range and the smallest pay check. It's replacement aircracft, according to NALPA, the 77-110 seater, pays even less.

The value of a DC-9 F/O position is less than a 747, less than a 757, less than a A320 and less than a MD88/90. It is therefore ranked accordingly on the DALPA proposal. It is the most junior position at NWA and it will be the most junior position at DAL.

The question of how DAL established their idea of the perfect list is clear except for stapling 10% of the NWA pilots. That doesnt bode with the idea of relative seniority. Also its ironic that relative seniority + or - worked out to be + for the DAL side and - for the NWA side. Can you argue that that isnt true? (ala seniority grab)

The truth came out from Superpilot. I believe that it was he who stated the 5000 some NWA pilots who won't be......

You and he, whhhaaaaaaa, whhhaaaaa:crying: :crying:

Perhaps you should start with lecturing him. For it is he who started the "threat".

I said its likely that at least 5000 pilots dont think its fair, SO? How is that a threat? Your childish posts show that you shouldnt be taken seriously. You are doing a fine job of ruining any chance of an actual discussion every time you post.

Well put. If Superpilot wasn't flying the DC9, his opinion would be the same as yours. Personally, I can't wait until he bids off the thing.

Super, PM me your address ... you need a Delta 767 sticker for your flight bag.

Last edited:
Well put. If Superpilot wasn't flying the DC9, his opinion would be the same as yours. Personally, I can't wait until he bids off the thing.

Super, PM me your address ... you need a Delta 767 sticker for your flight bag.
I thought that stickers on your flight bag were not allowed. Not professional ya know. Don't you worry about the "sticker sheriff"? What is the current fine for that?

I thought that stickers on your flight bag were not allowed. Not professional ya know. Don't you worry about the "sticker sheriff"? What is the current fine for that?

huh? stickers are allowed per the FOM...specifically airplane manufacturer and airline.

FYI:

747-200's are not in the go-ahead fleet plan of the company... 747-400's will be replaced as soon as practical as well.

Exactly. And I can tell you that most of Peanuckle's info comes from the same general circles that mine does.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back