• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal/jal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now we're setting the bar pretty low aren't we? Sorry, flowing back to a job that was mine in the first place isn't much of a consolation prize, nor is taking a 30% paycut so that NWA could use MY money to buy EMB175s for non-seniority list pilots to fly.

Would you rather it be all one sided allowing the CP and XJ pilots to reap all the benefits? What's happened in the past is DONE. Can't change it one bit. If you wish to dwell and wallow in the past, fine. But it won't achieve anything. MY whole point is that those that will flow from either company aren't going to be a bunch of snot nosed punks that are new to this gig. And, the upside to the DL pilot is that there is job protection. Though it may be at a regional, again, it's a job and better than the unemployment line. Also, at least it's better than 1st year pay as an FO. I'm obviously not going to change your mind, nor is that my intent, so it is, what it is. I hope you're at least channeling this negative energy to make the future better for you and your fellow pilots at the new Delta.

Last edited:
A 65K a year job may not be perfect, but when I was a LCA sitting at my regional I was sitting with DAL furloughs making 15K a year in the right seat of an RJ. Trust me there are worse things than a CA at CPS.

Now we're setting the bar pretty low aren't we? Sorry, flowing back to a job that was mine in the first place isn't much of a consolation prize, nor is taking a 30% paycut so that NWA could use MY money to buy EMB175s for non-seniority list pilots to fly.

Have you already forgot that if Delta furloughed then seats would have had to be removed from the RJ's you hate so much? I would argue they may have protected Delta jobs the last three years more than you think?

Ridge, I agree. It added a cost that was very hard to sharp shoot. It added 12 months to breakeven projections for furloughs.

Also, lest we all forget, CPS was formed with a gun to your head, and you got an awesome flow out of it. In the end it stinks the flying is not here, but at least if mainline shrinks you will be in those seats. I agree it is far from perfect, but better that many have done.

Have you already forgot that if Delta furloughed then seats would have had to be removed from the RJ's you hate so much? I would argue they may have protected Delta jobs the last three years more than you think?

Between what BOTH our NWA guys and DAL guys got with their guns to their heads in bankruptcy (the seat pullouts for DAL and CPS for NWA), we didn't furlough this past year.

Both of those protections were huge reasons as to why we didn't furlough.

Lets go one step further. It was because of this MEC that those LOA's stayed. Give credit where credit is due.

for most pilots at delta, flowing back is not an option because of the pathetic pay that alpa negotiated for them. A flow-up to delta for compass pilots should involve a four-phase interview and a probationary period just like it was for every new-hire who was fnwa or fdal.

I am sure compass has some good people, nonetheless, hiring at delta should be focused on hiring the best pilots, not just a bunch of pilots who where willing to fly our jets at a fraction of the price.
---------
+1

Last edited:
http://mdn.mainichi.jp/mdnnews/news/20100128p2a00m0na005000c.html

JAL dumps alliance with American Airlines in favor of Delta, SkyTeam

Japan Airlines (JAL) decided Wednesday to dump its partnership with American Airlines and its Oneworld alliance in favor of Delta and the SkyTeam group of carriers.

American together with a private equity firm had offered to invest $1.4 billion in JAL and strengthen cooperation between the two airlines, but JAL judged an alliance with Delta -- the world's largest airline -- would produce greater benefits.

The partnership with Delta will be officially announced by new JAL Chairman Kazuo Inamori on Monday.

To solidify the new alliance, JAL intends to apply to the Japanese and U.S. governments for antitrust immunity. The airline is also examining strengthening its international network with new routes from Narita International Airport to Detroit -- the hub for Northwest Airlines, acquired by Delta last year -- and from Haneda Airport to Amsterdam's Schiphol, SkyTeam partner KLM's home airport.

Delta and JAL cover many of the same routes, allowing the two airlines to better efficiency through schedule and fare collaboration. According to estimates by the state-backed Enterprise Turnaround Initiative Corp. of Japan (ETIC) -- overseeing JAL's restructuring process -- if JAL obtains antitrust immunity, the benefits of the Delta partnership could rise to some 17.2 billion yen. Even if the JAL-Delta deal does not receive immunity, the new partnership will result in benefits of around 9.2 billion yen -- still a significant jump from the 5.4 billion yen realized through the alliance with American.

Delta had previously offered a total $1.02 billion in financial support to JAL, including $500 million in new investment. As the leader in rebuilding the airline, however, ETIC apparently inclined to the belief that foreign financing was unnecessary for recovery, and elected to restrict any involvement with Delta to business collaboration.

Click here for the original Japanese story

(Mainichi Japan) January 28, 2010

Latest resources

Back