• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dal/jal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It helps if you have more than just an internal rec on paper. If your bud thinks highly enough of you to take the time to personally walk into the hiring dept and put in a plug for you in person it makes all the difference in the world...your app, 1 of 12-14000, will most likely be taken off the airline apps computer, printed out and literally placed in a pile of 100 or so to be considered for an interview. right now there aren't any folks there to talk to, but when the time comes and they crank up the machine....

And if your guy is really good, he will get you an interview on the spot! :D

In reality it depends on who is running the program when we start hiring. It is all up to them. DAL gives their hiring dept total autonomy from the upper levels. I know former interns that worked for the VP. Guess what? They did not get hired. It is that separated.

Anyone know how many guys from Compass and Mesaba would flow if there were hiring this year?

Hey ACL, You think we will really get the 747s from JAL? I didnt think we liked em. Now 777-300, thats another story? By the way...its Beer from the other board!!

Hey ACL, You think we will really get the 747s from JAL? I didnt think we liked em. Now 777-300, thats another story? By the way...its Beer from the other board!!

it appears that they didnt like the 747-400 back when oil was double where it's at but with that down, loads picking up, and the 787 issues they seem to want the 747 around for a while now. They've moved forward with investing and upgrading the 744's now so i can totally see us adding to the fleet going forward.

just flew with an ex twa guy. sure wish we'd hire some furloughed aa/twa guys. take care of these poor saps. life hasn't been kind to them.

aka hoserpilot

Latest resources

Back