Dal/jal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beer and Hoser:

There are AMR/TWA guys here, and will probably be more.

What I was told, so take it for what it is worth:
Our marketing guys like the 744's. They would like about 25 total (min) to make the fleet work better. They have stated that they have markets they can fill them up and make money in.
This like the 9-50's will probably be the plan until oil goes to 130 per bbl then when the economy sours, they and the 9's will be gone.

It is cyclical ya know!

Not to split hairs but ...

"Marketing" advertises and sells tickets.
"Network Planning" decides what airplanes fly what city pairs, and decides which "markets" to enter/leave.

20 CPS guys per class and I think none Mesaba. FWIW CPS is capped at 25% of the list per annum.

I am assuming that the Compass pilots that elected not to take part in the flow up / flow down will not be part of the hiring pool at Delta Air Lines.

I understand that some pilots at Compass has disavowed their participation in the flow up agreement that is in place. (Mainly because it allowed them to hang on to their seat if a flow down occurred.)

Does anyone have any information to back this up?

I am assuming that the Compass pilots that elected not to take part in the flow up / flow down will not be part of the hiring pool at Delta Air Lines.

I understand that some pilots at Compass has disavowed their participation in the flow up agreement that is in place. (Mainly because it allowed them to hang on to their seat if a flow down occurred.)

Does anyone have any information to back this up?

No one from CPZ has had the opportunity to elect the flow through so therefore no one could have officially turned down the opportunity as of yet.

Not Sure

Not sure about any non-participation clause, but none of them are immune to the flow down should it happen. Participation clause or not.

Not sure about any non-participation clause, but none of them are immune to the flow down should it happen. Participation clause or not.

none are protected yet, but as soon as a person gives up the right to flow then that person is ptoteced in their seat.

none are protected yet, but as soon as a person gives up the right to flow then that person is ptoteced in their seat.

Your correct only 1 thing to add.

Only the top 10% who elect to give up flow rights are protected in their seats and seniority.

Example 400 compass pilots on the seniority list:

0 Compass pilots have elected protected right status and a flow back starts. All Delta pilots would senior to all compass pilots.

20 compass pilots have elected proteted right status and a flow back starts. All delta flow back pilots would be junior to those 20 pilots at compass.

60 compass pilots chose not to flow but only 40 are allowed protected right status and a flow back starts. All delta flow back pilots would be junior to the top 40 compass pilots but senior to any remaining pilots.

Your correct only 1 thing to add.

Only the top 10% who elect to give up flow rights are protected in their seats and seniority.

Example 400 compass pilots on the seniority list:

0 Compass pilots have elected protected right status and a flow back starts. All Delta pilots would senior to all compass pilots.

20 compass pilots have elected proteted right status and a flow back starts. All delta flow back pilots would be junior to those 20 pilots at compass.

60 compass pilots chose not to flow but only 40 are allowed protected right status and a flow back starts. All delta flow back pilots would be junior to the top 40 compass pilots but senior to any remaining pilots.

yeah thanks for pointing that out i forgot to mention that 10% of the list could be protected once someone elects to decline flow up status.

As of right now, no one has been given the opportunity to flow so 100% of the seats are available for flowback. Hopefully guys start flowing soon though because i'd love to see some of the compass guys start making the move.

I'd be shocked to see many turn down the flow though unless they were old guys with not much time left. It should be a no brainer for most imho

Last edited:
Compass airlines is a joke. It's nothing more than an airline created via a BK, "gun to our heads" contract. For most pilots at Delta, flowing back is not an option because of the pathetic pay that ALPA negotiated for them. A flow-up to Delta for Compass pilots should involve a four-phase interview and a probationary period just like it was for every new-hire who was fNWA or fDAL.

I am sure Compass has some good people, nonetheless, hiring at Delta should be focused on hiring the best pilots, not just a bunch of pilots who where willing to fly OUR jets at a fraction of the price.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back