• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL/Expressjet NO More

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why does it need to be erj's?? Besides, come Sep. everyone will have spare A/C. I would really like to see ASA secure this flying, but I have this funny feeling that the ********************bags over in SLC will pick it up!

Its obvious who the SLC flying is going to be allocated to. The press release specifically only mentions SLC flying as being "reassigned". I wonder who will take over LAX flying?

Why does it need to be erj's?? Besides, come Sep. everyone will have spare A/C. I would really like to see ASA secure this flying, but I have this funny feeling that the ********************bags over in SLC will pick it up!

I doubt ASA would re-open a SLC base, which would seem to be the only way to make it work.

However, if SKYW took over that flying, maybe, just maybe, we would see less of their jets out here on this side of the Mississippi and more ASA aircraft on those routes.

Someone is going to take the LAX flying. Delta has publicly said many times, most recently in the AJC as well as USA today, that it does not want to downsize LAX like it has decided to do with MCO. If anything, the DCI flying is merely holding the gate space until mainline can absorb it. It's a no brainer that Skywest is the front runner for that flying.

I doubt ASA would re-open a SLC base, which would seem to be the only way to make it work....

Yes let's all remember what Uncle Jerry said to the pilots here at ASA several years back about why he decided to shut down the ASA base in SLC: "We shut it down because it was cost-inneffective to have crew bases for both ASA and SkyWest running feed for Delta in the same domicile"

So using his logic there won't be a base for ASA in SLC, or for that matter a base for Skywest here in ATL.......wait a sec........:confused:

Latest resources

Back